Goldfish Connection's Auction!

Guys I just got an email from Andrew and he said that the calico I wanted from his is gone already... He also said that he thinks if I have never been to canada before, I may run into trouble getting the fish back across.

First of all.. wow how honest.. So far both he & Ken & Rick have been honest with me even when it comes to things that benefit others and not them.. They all seem to be really great guys.. I'm impressed..

So, knowing my calico is gone, makes me really unsure what to do, because I looooooved that calico...

So if you guys dont mind... can you hold off on bidding on some of the fish I mentioned? I am seriously considering them now. I will know what I want to do soon. I'm just not sure what I want to do.

(Oh I am NOT getting the $500 ranchu though.. he's just cool! lol)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do ot like this rule i just read

Reserve:

Some Goldfish will have a "Reserve", which means, the Goldfish will not be sold unless the "Reserve" price is met. Once the "Reserve" is met, the "Reserve" will disappear from the picture.

Edited by ChUcK_ThE_RaNcHu

That sucks!!! First I fell in love with the calico on FishSempai... Got soooo disappointed when I just found out he was sold an hour ago... That made me NOT want to go to Canada.. So I finally convinced myself to go for #73, and he's gone.. AH! Hmmm I bet there is someone on here lurking that did that! lol Guess thats the price you pay for saying out loud which fish you want.. I suppose your friends respect you, and the ones that are not your friends, it gives them the heads up LOL

Good luck to all of you that are bidding. There's a broadtail ryukin I really like. Too bad its the worst time of year for fish. I'll wait till I get my 180 or 225 before add anymore fish.....

Wait.... there might be one more... LMAO

OHHHHHH DARYL!!!

I bought Lot 11... I saw you were still deciding, and I knew that if you did NOT want it, then I did. I did not want to risk losing it to someone else, so I bought it. IF you want that fish, please let me know, I will totally tell Ken NOT to sell it to me, and that you will be purchasing it..

Just let me know okay?

I might just be buying some of those golfball pearlscales!! Sue, I totally feel you right now.. I need another 55 gallon myself!! I want them ALL! :D

Looking at the calico ryukin.. bid on one but I'm not feeling like I NEED him or anything, I might just call Ken and see what he has. I have been outbid on the shubunkin and if anything, that's what I really want for Bridget! Catch is, I'd rather a female and I can't tell from the pictures.

With my 37 I'm looking at... either 2 ryukin and 1 pearlie OR 2 pearlie and 1 ryukin.

I've waited soo long to do this. It'd just be great to have healthy, strong goldfish. :heart

I GET ANOTHER 55 GALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry calming...

Shane said yes.. Shane said yes... I have the stand and a lot of the supplies but didn't have the actual TANK and he said yes...

So I was able to get more fish than I originally thought... Thats all I am gonna say for now.. (Even though Sunshinegurl knows cause I had to share my excitement with someone and she is psychic because every single time I want to talk to someone no matter what it is about I get a random PM from her lol.. You know it's true J!)

I just woke up and thought "wait, did I really have that conversation with Shane last night?"

And I know I am being very selfish and just talking about me.. but I am TOO EXCITED FOR WORDS!

lol

Sue, Sue, Sue, Sue..... :rofl3 I just get all smiley when I hear your excitement literally popping out of this forum! Perfect that Shane is okay with yet another tank. How many are running now in your house? :whistle :

Since I am all the way over the big water now, there aren't going to be any more Ken or Andrew fish for me. But if I could, I would go for those beauties:

- Lot # 52, the calico telly http://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_52_1.JPG

- Lot # 52, very dark colored calico, and my favorite! :hearthttp://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_50_1.JPG His other side is a bit lighter.

- Lot # 58, the panda telly http://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_58.JPG I am afraid, the black is going to recede though. Right now, the face pattern is just beautiful! :heart

- Lot # 68 - this crown ist just perfect! Can't you just kiss the face? :hearthttp://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_68_1.JPG

- The top of the two black pearlies, definetely - he is gorgeous!

There are just too many beautiful ryukin to post pictures off, so this one is the one that is standing out for me. Lot 82 =http://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_82.JPG

Its hard to get a decent hump into a calico ryukin. The one underneath him has a more "calico appropriate" coloration, but I just love those dark, dark calicos. Now, when it comes to finnage on those calicos, it has to be lot # 97! http://goldfishconnection.com/uploads/full/AUC_119_97_1.JPG Too bad the hump is lacking somewhat, and the body could be deeper, but boy, what FINS! :thud

The "reserve" price makes sure that Ken, or whoever is auctioning, gets at least the bottom most price he can afford to accept on a fish. For example, if Ken paid $100 for a fish, he needs to make at least $125 for it - to pay for shipping and import fees and such. He will usually put the "least he can accept" price on as Reserve. Until you meet reserve, you cannot get the fish, whether or not someone else bids on it.

I deliberately bid a fish above REserve so it could not be bought outright. That is often a mistake, for if I REALLY wanted the fish, I could end up paying more than the original "Buy Now" price. But, in the case of the fish I bid on, I am not sure....so I just put it about the Reserve to prevent anyone else from "Buying" it outright. I have been outbid. I shall have to think on it.

Lot #11 is very nice. I am still not "sure" - so since you were - enjoy your fish, Sue! It is a pretty one.

There are so many fish. I have occasionally seen one here and there that I would mortgage the house for, but by and large, I have to keep reminding myself that there are always more fish. I cannot allow myself to be sucked into a bidding war. I may sit and watch and snipe at the end.

:)

I really do not like auctions. I would rather see all that is available and select from those. I would not mind having 4-5 young Ryukin to add some new blood into my line. I would rather see all and select from that - paying what the dealer feels is necessary. To see them piece meal, here and there over multiple weeks is annoying. To have to pay shipping for one fish in each auction is also annoying. I definately purchase less because of it.

:idont

Lot #11 is very nice. I am still not "sure" - so since you were - enjoy your fish, Sue! It is a pretty one.

Are you sure??

I want you to know I would never try to steal a fish away from one of my koko's friends! Well... I don't think I would hehe..

Right now, I am still not showing fish, or even truly understanding what it means to have show fish.. Honestly.. At this point, the fish I am selecting are because they seem to have charm, or something about them strikes me.. I've learned since Kharma not to judge based on color alone, but to look at the features/face of the fish.. I may not be looking at the same things judges are looking at, but I am looking at things that I want to see in a fish.

At first I thought about doing one fish here, one fish there.. But this auction is just so perfect.. Imo made me feel better by saying "it's always best to get all new fish at the same time.. QT is easy".. I keep telling myself that!

Heeey it's christmas right? lol And next year honestly I need to really rework my budget, spending.. SO figure one last big purchase before the new years resolutions? : )

Sue, Sue, Sue, Sue..... :rofl3 I just get all smiley when I hear your excitement literally popping out of this forum! Perfect that Shane is okay with yet another tank. How many are running now in your house? :whistle :

It's not as bad as it seems.. I mean, I HAVE a lot of small tanks that are just not being used anymore. And I have three ten gallons set up as QT or hopsital, whatever need be... But actually tanks this will mean I have a 29 gallon (plan on putting the two pearlies in there), a 40 gallon (for the 2 lionheads and 2 ranchu for now, knowing that they may outgrow the space and need an upgrade.. No big deal.. I'll just give Shane an extra smooch or two lol ) and then it will be two 55's... The first 55 will be my orandas, five of them. The second 55 will be my telescopes, the three I have now, plus one that I bought.. There is one more I may potentially get and if so, that means 5 in their as well... IF I do not get another tele, I may choose to do the 4 teles in the 40 since they remain smaller, and the dorsal-less fish in the 55.. The cool thing is, I will still have the tanks themed by type of fish. (I mean, lionheads and ranchu are close enough when it comes to the things that count in keeping them together)..

So it's 4 tanks.. I wake up with Taylor around 7:30 and I do not leave for work until 10:30.. That gives me enough time to do a tank every morning before she goes off to school.. So then I just have a tank to do Thursday morning, and I am done..

I do have two small tanks left though.. One 5 gallon with just a platy, and one 2.5 gallon with a betta (he is moving to a 5 gallon though soon).. Those are a breeze.. The good thing is I am now working about 7-8 hours three days a week, instead of 10-11 twice a week.. So I can actually do a tank before work, a tank after work, and then Thurs-Sun I have completely off for the "boring" aspects of life.. Well, AND The fun ones : ) So even though it sounds crazy, it's really not so bad..

(Now let's turn this question over to Carol... how many tanks is it now? LOL)

The "reserve" price makes sure that Ken, or whoever is auctioning, gets at least the bottom most price he can afford to accept on a fish. For example, if Ken paid $100 for a fish, he needs to make at least $125 for it - to pay for shipping and import fees and such. He will usually put the "least he can accept" price on as Reserve. Until you meet reserve, you cannot get the fish, whether or not someone else bids on it.

I can understand having a Reserve but don't get why they don't just start the bidding at that price and be done with it. Why start way below it when they have no intention of letting it go at any of those bids. A lot of new people get badly disappointed by the practice thinking they won the fish. I know I did when I first started.

I can understand having a Reserve but don't get why they don't just start the bidding at that price and be done with it. Why start way below it when they have no intention of letting it go at any of those bids. A lot of new people get badly disappointed by the practice thinking they won the fish. I know I did when I first started.

I guess they want to give a chance to "buy it now" people. In Ebay, you won't know the reservation. Computer will bid for seller until it reaches the reserve price.

At first I thought about doing one fish here, one fish there.. But this auction is just so perfect..

That is so true! Look at my list - I could pick 5-6 fish easy this time. Some auctions its like one fish or two, with no other fish catching your interest. But this time its superb. I think Ken picks this time of year for his bigger shipments, being christmas and all. I would do the same thing.

The good thing is I am now working about 7-8 hours three days a week, instead of 10-11 twice a week.. So I can actually do a tank before work, a tank after work, and then Thurs-Sun I have completely off for the "boring" aspects of life.. Well, AND The fun ones : ) So even though it sounds crazy, it's really not so bad..

Yeah, working part time IS a blessing with so many fish tanks at home. When I worked (and I am looking for work now again), I always enjoyed those few days, mostly weekends, at home, where I could just relax and hang out. And believe me, tank maintenance for me is relaxing. Although I had bigger tanks, the maintenance is more or less the same, other than needing more water and time to empty/refill the babies. :D Without a python, we all would be slaves to the water, wouldn't we? :rofl3

Now let's turn this question over to Carol... how many tanks is it now? LOL)

How much time you got to read a loooong list? :tomuch: Just once, I'd love to be a little mouse and peak in Carol's house with all her fish tanks, fry thingies, catsinventions and cakes. :thud That would be heaven on earth.

Do not forget the obnoxiously naughty cats!

Actually, I am looking forward to moving more and more fish out to the farm buildings. I have tried "farming out" my breeders in the past couple of years .... to people who have nice ponds that chill the fish properly. Unfortunately, all I have gotten back from this is VERY sick fish - with TONS of parasites. I lost another red Phoenix this morning. I am down to 5. :cry :

I want my OWN ponds that I can control to please myself.

I have a constantly changing number of tanks, tubs and such..... I get sick fish in and fish check out - either gone, or healed. TOday, I am moving my last 3 red Phoenix over to a smaller tub that will be easier to do tub to tub on a daily basis. Their "old" tub will be sterilized, and I plan on moving in 3 little calico Ranchu and 2 Mita that I want to grow out. That leave me 2 thrity gallon tanks and 2 twenty gallon tubs empty. I would like to fill them with a couple of nice Ryukin - specifically a red/black/white Broadtail female, if possible.

Kahlua is a female - evidenced by the eggs she dumped this morning. They are very small and not viable in my opinion. I do not think Smokey Joe is interested, either.

I wish I could find some in his group of fish in this shipment...... maybe I should give him a call....

That particular one is a bit too extreme for my tastes...... I prefer a more....fishy fish, I guess.

Hahaha! I laughed when I saw that wacky Ryukin. I think I prefer fishy fish to Frisbee fish myself. :P

Sorry calming...

Hahaha! You're as bad as Tinkokeshi. She's like a crazy old cat lady - but she's young, and she has goldfish. Well, maybe not exactly like a crazy cat lady then.

You both crack me up. :D

That particular one is a bit too extreme for my tastes...... I prefer a more....fishy fish, I guess.

Hahaha! I laughed when I saw that wacky Ryukin. I think I prefer fishy fish to Frisbee fish myself. :P

IMO all fancies are not fishy fish at all.

Edited by small_ranchu

Guys, I keep looking for a ranchu or lionhead to jump out at me, and it's not happening. :idont

Really??..I thought there were a couple of Jed's fish out there... :hmm ..hmm..nevermind..you will find something perfect soon.. :D

Sorry calming...

Hahaha! You're as bad as Tinkokeshi. She's like a crazy old cat lady - but she's young, and she has goldfish. Well, maybe not exactly like a crazy cat lady then.

You both crack me up. :D

LOL I tell people I'm well on the way to becoming a crazy fish lady :)

When I actually have a house and grown up job, look out auctions!!