Hiro's New Tank

gunbunnyj

When I got my new betta, Hiro, to replace my the old one that died, I put him in the same 2.5 gallon, plain old glass rectangle tank. This had a filter and and an air pump that I added on, but was basically a glass rectangle. No hood, no lights, etc. I found out this tank developed a leak at some point and was spilling water all over my bookshelf..... really rather annoying. So about three weeks ago I went to Wallyworld and bought Hiro a brand new 5 gallon hex tank with the eclipse hood. He seems so much happier now. And yesterday I finally finished decorating it.

New tank right after I bought it. Pretty plain and boring.

fish057.jpg

After I finished yesterday. I think it looks much nicer this way.

fish066.jpg

fish061.jpg

I had a betta named Hiro!!!...I named him after Hiro on Heroes!!..lol..did you??..very nice set up by the way

I did in point of fact. I love Hiro. He's my favorite from Heros. :D

Ooooh...I love the setup... :) ...the green looks gr8 with the natural looking substrate...you are in love with terra cotta pots...aren't you??..but it works as a gr8 hide out for fishies...love it... :) ..

oooh...I love the setup...smile.gif...the green looks gr8 with the natural looking substrate...you are in love with terra cotta pots...aren't you??..but it works as a gr8 hide out for fishies...love it...smile.gif..

I do love terra cotta pots! They're cheap, they're easy to sanitize and are generally safe for the tank, and I have like a thousand of them laying in my backyard left over from a greenhouse my grandparents had at one time. Plus they give the tanks a nice, natural sort of look.

Edited by gunbunnyj

I used to have the same tank for my bettas, Buster and then later Buster 2.0. When the guys were with me, they loved the tank (not together at the same time of course)

I had a betta named Hiro!!!...I named him after Hiro on Heroes!!..lol..did you??..very nice set up by the way

I did in point of fact. I love Hiro. He's my favorite from Heros. :D

LOL we have a Hiro's sushi bar here.

• 1 month later...