Snail

maddy1997

Honestly, I recommend that you put snails in at least a five gallon tank with good filtration. If you have a three gallon sitting around that you are wanting to make good use out of, you might try a betta. They do well in 3 gallon containers, and if you stay up on the water changes and keep the tank clean you won't need filtration. But, that requires changing out all three gallons every other day.

• 1 month later...

Yes you want a tank that can develop food for them to eat. Also they are very sensitive to water conditions so keeping good water is the key to keeping happy snails. Apple and mystery snails I know from experience reproduce very quickly so a small tank works for only a bit and again they grow real fast. Almost before your eyes fast.

Wow-O's!! Thanks! I'm really interested in sails I think I may want to look for one after I get my new aquarium, then Black Moor. The Pet*Co here in Fort Myers has some snails, but I dont think they are the same ones, they'r TINY I'm guessing used for feeding other fish...

I dont really think I'm prepared for getting a snaily actually...I should maybe wait till I've done massive research.

Yeah I thought they were so simple but started researching and found them interesting. Have to admit they are a blast to have some of my favourite tank guys. Buying bigger doesn't seem to make a difference cause they reproduce real fast and either your goldies will eat or they won't I have never had a problem. That being said it would help if they would take out the babies once in a while. My goldfish have tried otocinclus and they eat brine shrimp like its going out of style but they won't touch my snails, weird stuff.

Good luck with the research that page Martha left is a great one.