Without Air Pump For 8 Hours..

c_cube

I received a Memo from our apartment management that there will be electricity interruption on tomorrow (Thursday), Malaysia time 10am to 7pm. I am working at that hour and nobody is at home.

I am worry about my goldfish tank.. Can my 2 orandas survives without air pump for 8 hours? :(

Your goldfish will be fine without power for the 8 hours. Fishcrazy is right about the pump, it needs to be higher than the water level. or if you can't do that, you could always disconect the hose, and tape the end higher than the water level. I would think that a water change would be a good idea, seeing as no power means no filter (unless you have an eight hour battery back up). I actually had the same thing happen to my pump, water backup, lost power cuz of snow storm and i was at work. I guess i was lucky it didn't short out and cause a fire.

Throw your filter media in the tank. You need to preserve your beneficial bacteria. Throw it right in with the fish, manually stir the tank periodically to keep oxygen going. you can also get a battery operated air pumo

Omg, for a second I thought we lived in the same place! I'm going to have a similar outage on Friday. If you know when your power will be out, you might want to do a large water change sometime beforehand so as to keep waste levels as low as possible when the power goes out.

Good luck!

Ohmy,, need water change.. I didnt keep water overnite yesterday, else I can do water change tonite..

Is it necessary we have to keep water for 24 hours before introduce to fish?

Can I tonite start to keep water at 7pm and wait till 12am and do the water change. at least let the water sit for 5 hours. Ofcos I will add the tension gon conditioner to remove chlorine.

I live in the Northeast and we lost power and had to leave the house to stay with relatives. Sequin the calico fantail stayed home because we felt he would not do well in the car for 100 miles... he's a sensitive boy. I changed his water before we left. But the temperature in the house will drop pretty low and I wonder if he will be okay when we get back? Any thoughts on how cold would be too cold?

I use Prime as my water condition and add it directly to the tap or tank without letting it sit.. and I have never had a problem...

If you think about it, anyone who uses a python or something similar is filling directly without letting the water sit. (well unless someone is keeping a large storage container of water, but I think thats the minority)....

So I think you should be fine with a water change and water conditioner.