Sign in to follow this  
Guest ashyah

Are These Eggs?

Guest ashyah

I have goldfish they are the only ones in tank. They are celestials,telescope eyes and black moor.

I had two glass ornaments in aquarium. I went to remove them and saw something adhered to the sides. I understand that goldfish just drop the eggs and they stick to what ever there is . But, this is in a straight line and looks like a branch design.It does have some black dots on it. And, looking closely I did see some gel bumps here and there on this glass.

I wonder if the branch like gel deposits that look like eggs could be some kind of algae? I did remove some kind of parasite from one of the fishes eyes. It had lots of legs and two feelers. It was surrounded by a gel that kept it adhered to the fish. I removed it a couple of months ago.

I have removed the objects and placed them in a small tank with same water and filter just in case something hatches.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Guest ashyah

I have not used photobucket but, I will try.

Thanks

It could be eggs. They are jelly like, tiny, with black dots in...

If you could load a pic it would help enormously as Stephie says. You can join photobucket.com free and upload the pic there and then drag and paste the IMG tag into a post here.

I'm fascinated by the bug you removed from your fishes eye - how large was that? How is your fishes eye? Could the gel have been from your fishes eye :unsure: ?

Guest ashyah

They are gel like kind of hard. Some have dots on them. And, there are a couple stuck here and there by themselves. Those I know are eggs but, they are not fungused or have a dot. I need to get a magnifying glass.

I will try with the photos.

The parasite was about 1/8 " It had pin dots on it.Had many legs and what looked like feelers. Or maybe it was on the rear. I couldn't tell what was front or back. The gell was not from the eye but, was part of the parasite. Or so it looked like it. The eye was not damaged.

Guest ashyah

Sorry, I don't know how to work with photobucket. I will just wait to see what happens with them. Also, I am going to buy a magnifying glass. To look at them closelly.

Thanks

Eggs look like these

DSC00355.jpg

I dont have a male fish...so these did not fertilize.. :) ..But yeah just for you to compare.. :)

Hope this helps..

Guest horsemadmum

It sounds like snail eggs to me......They lay in a gel like stick. Sometimes you get the odd one that is just a few eggs but other times there is lots. Do you have water snails?

Guest ashyah

No, the eggs are not thrown around like that. They are just on these glass bowls that I had in there with the plants in them. I didn't want them to hurt there eyes. There was a java moss right by them. Maybe it is from that. And, there are no snails at all that I can see. I too thought that they were snail eggs.

It's a mystery. I had them in a separate tank by themselves will see what comes out of it. It is the third day that I found them. I will get a magnifying glass.