Sign in to follow this  
Guest baygentst

Septicemia

Guest baygentst

Sorry i havent been able to respond in awhile, i moved back north to goto school and left my mom to take care of the fish. The fish is basically cleared up and acting more himself, he still has a red spot or 2 on his tail or dorsal fin. No more pimples just 1 or 2 spots. Hopefully thats just from stress then and not the parasite/fungus/bacteria still.

Tom

Thanks for following up here Tom. A lot of people were reading your thread and will be pleased your fish pulled through and you didnt have to euthanise after all. You were very patient and I am so happy he is doing okay again.

Guest baygentst

WEll the fish was looking pretty good, all cleared up was just going to go a few more days of salt then move tanks. Now hes back to having streaks in his fins, not body though, and is clearing up again.

This has been going on since before thanksgiving, kill me. He is getting daily water changes, and salt at .2%.

Clamped and lethargic sometimes, happy and excited, eating, ugggghgh.

Edited by baygentst

Guest baygentst

You should probably re-read my post, he is not almost there, he WAS now he looks terrible again. This has been going on since before thanksgiving at least.

Could you repost the answers at the top, there might be something we are missing. Also if you can some Pics hun :)

An recent pic always helps.

Streaks in the fins may not be related to 'disease', maybe related to some kind of stress -possibly at at water change like temperature or pH changes however slight.

The main thing here is he is behaving very much better.

Please post back so we can help figure this out.

Guest baygentst

Hes got red spots again and white pimples on his fins, hes now not moving and laying on the bottom motionless. We will be using clove oil monday. Hes suffering now i think, this has been going on for months.

Thanks for the help

Tom

so sorry to hear he has gotten worse. :(

Me too :(

Guest baygentst

Its been an up and down battle since before thanksgiving. He will get better and clear, then bloom out again, clear up bloom out, we tried all different medicines, medicated food, salt (seemed to work the best), but now hes worse again. He was completely clear and we were backing down salt to move him home, and he bloomed out red and splotchy again. He mostly bottom sits now and will get up to eat, that's it. We're tired of watching him go up and down constantly, and changing the water everyday is so old now.

Guest baygentst

Ok this is driving us crazy. We moved him from the QT tank to his big tank, we though he was all but gone, and we had ordered the clove oil and have it now, but he has made another great recovery. This is nuts.

Ill keep you all updated.

Tom, please don't give up. This is going to take more time still. Can you give him that time? If he keeps recovering however briefly it is proof in my eyes that he is not going to die -that he has the will and fight to live- and will eventually be 90- 100% again. He has lots of factors against him. White fish always show their problems faster than other fish- redness looks so much more alarming- he has had to deal with that ammonia before which can really have long lasting immunity lowering effects. He obviously doesn't like being moved to the QT and gets stressed in small spaces. Every stress factor he encounters and each time one is encountered will bring him down and this fish is going to react overtime.

Having said all that, if and when you get time can you confirm that you did originally treat this fish for flukes as well as the bacteria?

How are things, baygentst - fish and owner still hanging in there? :)