New Ryukin Pics

looks good. How big is he/she?

Thanks! About 4 1/2" including tail. And it is a female as she had eggs all over the place yesterday.

Oooh very pretty lavender ryu! Shame about the curls in the caudal & kink in the dorsal, though.

Thank You! That's probably why she went way cheaper than most of the others. Since I don't show it makes no nevermind.

Oh she looks fantastic!!! Congrats Kathy :D

Thanks Chrissy!

Oooooo....very pretty! Congrats!!

Thank You!

Kathy, I love your ryukin. I was going to bid on those from the last auction but I knew you were bidding so decided not to. I have asked my wife to get me one for x-mas. You have a beautiful collection of purple goldfish.

I adore her...she is really lovely. So unique.

Thanks Amy!

Per-ty!!! :bingo:

Thank You!

Kathy, I love your ryukin. I was going to bid on those from the last auction but I knew you were bidding so decided not to. I have asked my wife to get me one for x-mas. You have a beautiful collection of purple goldfish.

Well geez, ya might have saved me some money if you had, rofl! Sure hope you get your X-Mas wish!

Thank You!

Shes stunning Ive never seen a Ryukin that color here Congrats :clapping:

Thank You! I love this color. With or without the choc. markings. I am wondering if the color will breed true.

Stunning color on the ryukin. Congrats on your great find!

Thank You!

Awww...Gorgeous baby there Kathy... :heart she looks beautiful and pretty with lavender ribbons.. :D I love her..absolutely... :heart:Congrats:

Oooh oooh any name yet??? :yeah:

Thanks JC! No, no name yet.

Very pretty color!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you use the eggs? Anything fertile????????

Thanks Daryl! No, I didn't save any this time. I know it's hard to say for certain without knowing the background on these guys but do you have an idea as to whether the lavender w/choc color will breed true? Would I have a good chance of getting at least a few lavenders from a spawn if I did save any?

love their color!!!!i wish i had a fish colored like dat!ur so lucky to have beautiful fish!any babies from the eggs?

Thanks Franky! I didn't save any of the eggs this time around.

Edited by Kathy B

I would try to put anything black, chocolate, lavendar or even green with her to have a chance at a lavander babies. If you have a LARGE number, you may get some. So much depends on the hidden genetics. I crossed two blues with a black and got 3000 red and red/white babies and ONE black. Go figure. (Unknown line - it was a chance breeding)

Give it a try! You will never know 'till you try!

I would try to put anything black, chocolate, lavendar or even green with her to have a chance at a lavander babies. If you have a LARGE number, you may get some. So much depends on the hidden genetics. I crossed two blues with a black and got 3000 red and red/white babies and ONE black. Go figure. (Unknown line - it was a chance breeding)

Give it a try! You will never know 'till you try!

I'm really hoping Mocha Joe turns out to be a male. That would be perfect as the are both lavender w/coc. Ryukins. But if not I'm sure Skye(lavender w/choc Tele) would be more than happy to step in, lol. Plus he is proven.