Sign in to follow this  
Smilingfish

Combatibility With Size Of Goldfish

Wow! Sorry about the error in posting my question. Not sure what happened but "it" not only cut me off from typing but it quickly posted me twice! :saywhat

Once again...

The 10 gallon per gf is understood, however how about sizes of fish? Should one tank a larger gf with a significantly smaller gf? Obviously not to join a comet with a bubble eye but do some species do better with others? Months ago I had a 2" bubble eye with a 2" one eyed oranda (pitiful, huh) but how about a 5 inch Lionhead with a 1 inch fantail or ryunkin? Just curious....

Edited by Smilingfish

Guest jake n bake

the lionhead might eat it becareful, unless since the ryukin or fantail is small ther faster. Watever can fit in the fishes mouth is food

It can be a problem with a smaller fish in with a much larger fish cause they can eat them. I have placed smaller fish in but this is normally the same kind of fish together.. Just need to keep an eye out.

I've been trying my best to match size and type of fish just because of the horror stories... RIght now I've been trying to keep the orandas together, telescopes together.. (And maybe soon ranchu's/lionheads together? hehe)... And the fish are all about the same size... But there are members who have everything mixed up. Like Chrissy Bee I think... Chrissy all your fish are togther and various sized and do well right?

Thanks friends. Guess I may have created an "issue" now. Soon to be announced... NEW FISH! :heart