Yes, Einstein Again

newbiefishgirl

ok.

0 amm

0 no2

10 no3

We have done medigold for a month, jungle anti-bac, marycyn 2

She is floating at the top still with that lump, upside down. But the streaks had gone down and we had chaulked it up to stress.

But now the red streaks are getting worse along with those white bubble things.

they look exactly like Fry from Jody's post on treating ich???

The streaks aren't as bad as Fry but the frayed fins and the white bubbles are the same???

Marycyn 2 was the only med that "really" (noticably) I could see the infection. Should we have kept going with that? I don't know. She seems to have more energy and while she is top sitting upside down she does try to swim around? And she always eats.

Any ideas here? :why:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh no! Einstein :( poor baby. I'm going to make sure to keep praying for her. I'm really sorry Stephie. You were there by my side this whole time, I wish I could offer advice but I'm too much of a newbie. :cry Come on Einstein you can dooo it! :heart

I tried to feed them garlic tonight. They HATE it, is there a trick to it? the ONLY veggie they like is peas.

Now my house and tanks smell like garlic and I will have to do a water change...Garlic is supposed to help heal, get better, get rid of nastie parasites (right pix?)

I have turned the lights off trying to de-stress and after feeding in the morning I will turn them off for the day.

I just feel soo bad for her..stuck to the top of the tank.

I didn't see the original thread on Einstein, so I am not sure of the whole situation.

Maybe instead of trying to feed your fish anything now, maybe you should fast them for 3 days [those faces are hard to resist!] and then feed green peas [since they like them best] for three days. SB disorders are tough - and not always easily cured.

You can also try to keep your nitrAtes under 5ppm at all times.

Meds seem to have an adverse effect when used for long periods of time, so I would think the best thing you can do right now is to give them a break. Just lots of fresh water can do a fish good ---> it helps reduce the numbers of the bad bacteria many tanks are prone to have.

These are just a few suggestions based on the info...

Her spot that is all swollen...it feels like the skin is really thin there. Or there is something missing...like the rest of the fish is firm.

I am not poking her or anything...But to feed her I gently guide her to where she needs to be.

I left the light off...this is got to be stressing her out since the light bulb is right on top of her...she needs no heater the light is probably heating her up...Ahhh!

Should/could i put something to block the light on one side?

ideas?

Ohh no..I am soo sorry..I missed out on this thread..

The trick to garlic and veggies is gel food..You can make your own gel food with some garlic and veggies..and a little bit of protein in it..and feed that..

How does Einstein look now???

Bright light can be stressful. Maybe keep those off esp. if shes close to them.

Those bubbles in the fins..are they like ulcers that are clear and may pop? Or are they just white raised spots?

Popping!

Left side have popped and look shreddy...right side there are about 3 on there getting ready to pop.

Red streaks are pretty red......not as bad as Fry's on Jody's thread...I will try and take pic. But I dont' want to stress her out with a flash right now since I left the stupid light on......i feel bad i forgot to turn it off...drama

yadayada..i slept through my alarm, had 45 minutes to feed the fish, water the lawn, take a shower, get ready...too much.

Now this!

Can any of our sick fish just catch a break for a few days????

No...just shredded looking and really red. The one side is starting to look grey. The other side...just white bumps not like the ones that popped.

Should I hydrogen Peroxide her tail fin?

Red streaks are not pretty.

See if I can get a pic here.

they are broken, the spines are broken! :cry1

the only things i have used are marycyn 2, medigold, jungle anti bac food

I am sooooooooo sad for her....

Is there anything to do at all or is it over?

IF her bulge ever lets her swim normal...will the tail fin grow back? I don't think so the spines are split and broken...

I am freaking out!

Those look like some pretty nasty bacterial ulcers. Euthanize? No, not yet. As long as your fish is still doing well otherwise, I would give him/her a chance!

The API Triple Sulfa has been yielding very positive results for many members lately. Maybe you should give it a try? It is a little pricey, but it is definitely worth it!

If your fish will allow it, iodine is an excellent topical treatment...I've had good results with this is the past. Just be very careful that you do not get the iodine around the gills/eyes/mouth!

Do I need to treat all of the fish? I am thinking I need to just move Einstein to a hospital rubbermaid and add the trip sulfa to that with an air stone..right? What about salting for faster healing? I don't have any extra filters...

I am off to get the meds....

I am not positive that the bubbles burst or if it was just breakage of the spines.....

Alright miss, I had time to catch up finally..

First off, sorry about the continueing problems! It does seem like it's been constant headaches for a bunch of us.

Anyway, with Imo suggesting the TriSulfa I would go for it yes..I think right now with only Einstein displaying problems the best thing you can do is QT and use the triple Sulfa JUSt on einstein... I think the main tank with the rest of the fish should get a large water change, maybe even a few large water changes within a few days to clear out any of the nasties that may be lurking and have possibly been released into the water with the popping etc..

IF the other fish display problems you can always treat them as well, but it's always best to attempt to isolate the sick fish at first if you can.

And don't feel bad about PMing me LMAO I've been having trouble keeping up with everything lately, and it's never a bother when i get a pm!!

You asked about PP in your last PM.. Yep I found PP crystals at the Sears HARDWARE.. My regular sears did not have it, but the sears hardware did.. It was in the water conditioning section... If you have a sears hardware I would call em and ask them if they have it. Apparently some of the reg Sears carry it, but not all. You are wanting this so you can disinfect your tanks, etc correct? It's very good for that.. And the little jar will last a long time..

Once you find it you just need a gallon of distilled water', and you add a certain amount of PP to that to make your stock solution.. It's easy.. I think it's 2 teaspoons but I will check for sure before you do it..

Hopefully you will see improvements with the triple sulfa... Once you start you must continue, and make sure to keep water PERFECT... It's tricky with meds.It has to be the right med for the right bacteria in the right type of environment, so just because I had good luck with the Triple Sulfa, doesn't mean it will definately work for you, however its worth a try (esp since Imo asked about it)... Let us know if you see improvements, or changes..

Good luck!!

Oh just saw something i missed... personally if it were me, I would skip the salt right now, just because it's easy to make a mistake adding it when you are already dealing with meds and water changes. I think a good move would be to try the ammo chips as everyone else suggested, and use them in the rubbermaid. Even if you don't have a filter if you can find a way to hang a baggie of them above the air bubbles so that water is flowing, that should help keep your ammonia low..

Edited by CountryLovah

Thanks Sue!

I know hasn't this just been a total circus lately. Maybe next weekend I can sit down and catch up????

I am just worried that her stomach is going to explode. The dang...tumor/thing/hernia/cyst/eggs...whatever it is, well it is getting bigger and the tail fin with scales falling off because of the angle....she is in suprisingly goods spirits for the22 she must be going through! She still seems "happy" aside from the times she gets po'd when she can't swim down!

It just makes me sad.....well you know...gee we all know we came here for a reason!

Thanks and I am glad your kiddos are doing better (at least they were the last few threads I read)!

Ugh..off to clean a tub out to temp match the water..no need stressing her out more...BUT if it is more imperative I get her into the meds now instead of 9 hours from now I can?

Any input here? Thx again!

:hug It's heart breaking I know to see them up there and swollen and struggling. Its good she seems in reasonable spirits herself though. Where there is fight there is lots of hope with fish, with anything really. I say try the water born sulfa meds. It is very hard to know exactly what is going on inside her and so what to suggest here.....You can combine the sulfa meds with an antibacterial food too~ can you remind me what she has had in the way of antibacterial food up till now?

#@!%^#$#$% I have two battery operated airstones with no batteries!

Should I put her in a 18 gall rubbermaid without an airstone now and get a battery in the morning...or wait till I have an airstone and move her?????????

Please any any any input is welcome here!

Hmmmm, do you have anything that is open all night? to buy some batteries??? Even something simple like a 7-11 or wawa (those are more in this area) tend to have batteries..Maybe you have a place?? Our nnnnnn is even open all night now, so I have plenty of options... But I think anything like that would work...

And when you run out in your jammies, just explain to the nice worker that you look like crap because you are buying fish supplies LMAO Geeez

I'll let Imo advise you on the medicated food : )

By the way by Samantha had missing scales along with her split fins and they grew back as well.. So like IMo said, don't give up hope! It's not too late...