Sign in to follow this  
Smilingfish

2 Months Later And Still Waiting, Wondering

Hey all!

I am still out here lerking yet smiling as I read about everyone's fish endeavors. For those who may not remember I lost an entire tank of amazing gf over 2 months ago. Rarely a day goes by that I don't look at my videos or photos of my Fiona, Clearance, Gemini, & Henry. :hearthttp://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=72612

So......moving on here. Lionel the lionhead, my sole survivor, was moved into my 29 gallon bare bottomed tank @ 6 weeks ago. And he has been seemingly happy. Surely he would like a friend, but my hesitation to purchase another gf is killing me! I can't even look at gf at lfs without getting a lump in my throat let alone consider starting all over again. My 65 gallon tank has been completely sanitized and up and running with 2 comets for the past month. They are huge and ready to move on to greener/bigger pastures so I have plenty of room for a new family. Has anyone else gone through such turmoil? Of course my family thinks I am completely nuts. :rolleyes:

And btw the rest of the fishtanks are all good. Did lose the female blue damsel in our marine tank. We found her laying on the floor outside the tank. Must have jumped out. And we lost 2 rainbow sharks to old age. My son's was almost 8 and mine about 4 years. Don't just love the drama!!

Keep smiling everyone. :)

Oh yes I've been where you are before! Sometimes I feel like buying a new goldfish is a life changing event :P

It's so hard to lose them and such a commitment to keep them happy and healthy, but it's worth it in the end!

Many, including me, have been there...it is not easy. I am glad to see that you have kept some smiles and happilness for yourself. That clean, cycled tank is just waiting.....and I am sure you will find something lovely to put in there.

You are not forgetting your other fish - you are just adding the love that you had for them to another - a pretty good gift for a life, in my opinon.

Glad to see you around. :)

I just went through this traumatizing experience this past week. I may be losing my 6th of my 7 fish right now, today. She's seriously struggling.

I keep thinking I definitely want to get more, my 37 gallon is now completely empty, I just PPed it.. but its soo hard. I'm not sure if I'm qualified to take care of these guys anymore. Bridget, my shubunkin, my just be my only survivor. I just hope I can get this 37 gallon ready in time for her. :(

It's great to see you're smiling through all of this. It will take a while before I can watch my videos of my six babies and be able to smile, its still definitely very painful.

Keep us informed. :) I'm so glad to see someone else is looking to go forward again!

I just went through this traumatizing experience this past week. I may be losing my 6th of my 7 fish right now, today. She's seriously struggling.

I keep thinking I definitely want to get more, my 37 gallon is now completely empty, I just PPed it.. but its soo hard. I'm not sure if I'm qualified to take care of these guys anymore. Bridget, my shubunkin, my just be my only survivor. I just hope I can get this 37 gallon ready in time for her. :(

It's great to see you're smiling through all of this. It will take a while before I can watch my videos of my six babies and be able to smile, its still definitely very painful.

Keep us informed. :) I'm so glad to see someone else is looking to go forward again!

Bless your :heart ! It's so tough to los one fish let alone a tank full.

Sending you positive vibes,

Annette

I lose a 55 gallon tank with 9 GF in it. (learned the hard way about overstocking) This was before Koko's and it was over a year before I tried goldfish agian.

I too have recently lost 5 Goldfish, I overstocked and learned the hard way, i then purchased 2 more, and lost one. I can't wait to get him a friend...but i must to make sure they are ok.

Three months ago i lost a whole tank of tropical fish (15 in all), things were looking good some i had for 2 years. I know how you feel, and your not crazy...it's like having extra kids...you love them so it's hard. Keep your chin up. Best of luck!!

I know what you mean. I used to only have a half barrel pond. A raccoon cleaned me out twice. Whatever the cause of the loss - it's hard to lose a tank full.

I just looked back at their pics last night and marveled at how beautiful they were.

http://beancurdturtle.com/ImageGallery/Goldfish/

I took a couple months at the end of last year, after I got rid of the pond, before I finally got an inside tank and new critters.

Take your time - you'll find some beauties.

I know what you mean. I used to only have a half barrel pond. A raccoon cleaned me out twice. Whatever the cause of the loss - it's hard to lose a tank full.

I just looked back at their pics last night and marveled at how beautiful they were.

http://beancurdturtle.com/ImageGallery/Goldfish/

I took a couple months at the end of last year, after I got rid of the pond, before I finally got an inside tank and new critters.

Take your time - you'll find some beauties.

Your fish are/were beautiful! And to think a raccoon cleaned them out (ewwww) is so sad.

Thanks for the encouragement.

:) :5: