Anyone Use This Uv?

Loomis

drs foster and smith is good if you have any airlines miles programs like american airlines and worldperks. if you go through your airline member number you can get lotsa miles through them. :D

but i usually stick with bigals cuz they're cheaper too...

so i try to make it where it's a free shipping week, on a wednesday, and i use my airline miles credit card. :D

it's like waiting for all the planets to align. :rofl

::edit:: the planets have aligned today, so i am going to be making a bigals purchase. :tomuch:

Edited by Tinkokeshi

I usually go with BigAls...... Drs Foster and Smith are usually more expensive. I do not do ebay.

I like Big Als too, guess I'll use my 15.00 gift certificate towards a new bulb. I have gotten a few good deals of Dr Foster Smith. Like a rena xp3.But can't beat the vip program and I know there will be a few deals around this time of year. Thanks for all the input.

drs foster and smith is good if you have any airlines miles programs like american airlines and worldperks. if you go through your airline member number you can get lotsa miles through them. :D

so i try to make it where it's a free shipping week, on a wednesday, and i use my airline miles credit card. :D

::edit:: the planets have aligned today, so i am going to be making a bigals purchase. :tomuch:

I know how you feel. They tend to make me spend more money though.....Darn them :exactly

I use my Marriott's Rewards Visa for my goldfish addiction. Seven free nights in the Virgin Islands are coming up, but I already have a Bangkok/Hong Kong stay in the bank if I want to go and hand select fish! :nana

Well got the uv today. Does not come with mounting brackets, but has a valve and a few connectors. I am soaking those in bleach right now. I opened the unit up and it looks very clean. The light has a little black mark by where one of the coils in the light is. This makes me assume that the light has been used. It came with two other bulbs and each box has a gasket set in it. I haven't set it up just yet. I won't till next Saturday. I'll need to order some mounting brackets.

Not sure, its used but looks pretty clean. On ebay the Chinese are selling theirs or 49.99 (coralife brand). I bet a lot of people don't know that they are 220v/240v or care. Their lights are quite a bit cheaper for the coralife brand,but Chinese made stuff worries me. Ha, just checked the box of one of the bulbs and it says made in China.

Hey Daryl if you have the mounting brackets and wouldn't mind sending me some email me at Dsmith77@charter.net

and let me know how much you want for them. I'd PM you but I don't have 200 posts yet.

Daryl,

Could you describe the do-it-yourself hangers you're using on your turbo twists?

As an aside, some time ago you recommended the Eheim Ehfisubstrat Pro "biospheres". I replaced my SeaChem substrate with the biospheres and am very happy with the results. I understand you are using mostly Eheim canisters. I am waiting [and waiting and waiting] for my XP4's to croak so I can justify replacing them with the Eheim pro's. If the Rena's last much longer, I'll probably just start replacing them, anyway. No real problems with the Rena's except I just like the functional design of the Eheims, better. I suspect they are more efficient. I know this is a tangent from the original thread, but which Eheim canisters, specifically, do you prefer?

Thanks,

I contacted coralife and the guy is sending me new brackets for free. Pretty cool! I'm looking for something I can use as a return. Probably go to Lowes and get some pvc pipe for that.