Trouble With Glass Under Light!

Good morning all, this weekend I did my 10% water change, and cleaned the gravel.

While doing this i noticed the glass under my light needed cleaning. I took the top off ran hot water on it and used a new scrub sponge on it. After it dried it still had a white residue on it!!

What is the best thing to use to get rid of it? Should i clean it with 1>10 bleech? Is there a better way?

Please advise me on the best way.

That is most likely a hard water deposit. Since you can easily remove the glass, you can soak it in vinegar to remove the deposits without dumping any vinegar into the tank (it would not "hurt" but is an acid and could play games with your pH)

There are other hard water deposit removers that are a bit more aggressive than plain vinegar, but all work well too. CLR and a others like it work. Be very careful to NEVER get any into the tank, though.

:)

I have used the utility scraper, trying to remove it, but when it dries it's still there. I will give the vinegar a try. I thought of CLR but was too worried some of the residue might get into the water. Thanks for the advice.