Here Are The 2 Plans I Have For My New Tank

Guest luster4

Guest luster4

this is for my new rekord 120, these are lists that were suggested to me, but I'm not sure which ones best, and if anyone has any suggestions it would be really great to hear them...

i like kissing gouramis but i cant find a way to incorporate them nicely into the lists...

1) 6 pearl gourami

2 sailfin molly

5 black molly

6 platy

1 bristlenose pleco

1 leopard frog pleco

2) 1 pearl gourami

2 darf gourami

20 tetras or some platys?

1 bristlenose pleco

1 leopard frog pleco

Edited by luster4

Is the tank 120 gallons or litters? Either way you might be close to over stocking in both plans. I like plan #1 the best, but why do you need 2 plecos? The second plan is okay but I like to keep fish in atleast pairs. Also, tetras are sensitve(in my experience) and require extra precautions.

As a side note, kissing gouramis can get very large and can get agressive toward eachother. I had a couple that were 6-8 inches by the time I had to get rid of them because my brother did not want them and I was too overwhelmed with the tank(worst possible condition). They are nice fish, but they get large.

I would suggest either 5 tinfoil barbs if you like large fish as a center peice. Personally, I would plant the sides and stock with 15 or so neon tetra/cardinal tetra and 3 or 5 bala sharks. Gouramis are nice, i have 2, but i prefere large dominating fish

I like plan 2, but I actually think you'd be better to go with tetras than platties just because with that many platties you'd be overrun with fry. I was also wondering why you wanted 2 plecos? Just for variety?

And do you know how those gouramis will mix? I'd be a bit concerned about agression.

Guest luster4

soz, its 120 litres / 32 gallons. two plecos coz i got a bristlenose a while ago, and then walked in the petshop the other day and there was this gorgeous L134, it cost ?30 coz the brazillian stuff has been banned, but it was so gorgeous i just had to have it :heart

i went on thinkfish.com and used their community creator and both plans were within the limit of how many fish i could put in the tank; but i'm having another baby soon, so i probably wont be able to afford to put anything in there with the plecos now...

Either choice is too much for a 120L. I'd personally go with choice two but with only one pleco and maybe small 8 tetras, depending on what species and even then it would be a very full tank. I see you already got the plecos and gouramis though... the gouramis might give you trouble since they are both male. Since you have a baby coming, I'd suggest no more fish for now and just take care of the ones you already got.

Nice choice of pleco, I must say. If I can make a suggestion, do choice #2, but have only one type of gourami pair (I suggest the Pearl since IMO it is near-impossible to find female dwarfs at a pet store) and maybe only 8-12 of some sort of tetra.

Edited by Kets