Noise Noise Noise

You could check for dust build-up on the blades, perhaps that is causing the noise. Also, i you are able to directly access the fan motors, you could try applying a small amount of light grade oil, such as sewing machine oil, at the point where the motor shaft enters the motor body. Be sure to unplug first, of course.

Edited by br553

I forgot to mention you could also try contact cleaner. It is available at most electronics hobby shops such as Radio Shack. A quick spray at the shaft might help make it quieter by cleaning and lubricating the bearings.

Edited by br553

It's likely that the fans are exactly what you can buy for computers. If cleaning and oiling don't work, measure the fans and look online or take a fan to a computer store and you should be able to get a new one for a few dollars.

• Admin

That light is almost like my Coralife lights I had working...The problem with these fans is they do go bad. Mine when out after about 4 years....The best thing I learned was to make sure to keep the fans clean, dust will make them make noise then they will shut down...I would suggest what others have said, then maybe look for a new fan, you can find them at electric stores..just take it out and show them. They should be able to find another one, thats what I had to do :)