Growing Of Goldfish

small_ranchu

I dont see why not??..But it could take time..again a lot will depend upon genetics..tank care...food and other factors..but yeah it can grow...am sure a lot of members like Carol have fish that grew from fry to be over 10 inches now.. :D

If you have time to taking of your goldfish; water change & feeding. I am sure that you can grow your fish.

If you have time, i recomment you to do clean water instead of greed water.

Frequency water change will tricker fish to grow up.

Edited by Ranchu69

ChrissyBee has hit the most important factor on the head - genetics.

If a fish has lots of water volume, excellent diet and never has to compete for room or food or deal with parasites and disease, they will grow to their potential. This potential is tremendously dictated by genetics.

Within a single spawn, it is easy to have fish that never seem to want to grow. At 1 year of age, they may only be 1-2 inches long. Their spawn mates may be 3-5 inches in the same year. It is genetically determined - how the body is constructed and how efficiantly the fish can process food and the immunitiy levels, etc.

Give your fish the BEST and you should be pleasantly suprised. I hope you have a real "winner" that will grow to be a GIANT of the tank. :)

ChrissyBee has hit the most important factor on the head - genetics.

Actually, I didn't say that...but I did THINK it :P

I have two fish right now who are deomonstrating this point. Penny has hardly grown since I got her, while Edwin is like something on steroids! They both have the exact same diet and housing, but their genes are obviously not programed the same for growth.

Thanks all of you for sharing your experience. It is good to hear that if the small fish is kept in 29 g with good water condition, the fish can grow to a big size. In here we have to eliminate the genetic issue since we have no control over that factor. (I will go green water path for now.)

What is the suggested feeding schedule/amount during different temperature setting? In here, I would like to avoid pumping method since it tends to bring problems at the end.

Thanks again. :)

Edited by small_ranchu

Let's me put to you this way. If you want to grow them beautifully. Just Set up your tank with bare bottom. One small heater and set it to 78F.

Feeding with Bloodworm every hour for 3-5 mins eating time. Last Meal of the day: Soaked pellet food. 100%Water change every morning before feeding.

Note: Freeze dried bloodworm with auto-feeder will help if you dont have time.

Edited by Ranchu69

Let's me put to you this way. If you want to grow them beautifully. Just Set up your tank with bare bottom. One small heater and set it to 78F.

Feeding with Bloodworm every hour for 3-5 mins eating time. Last Meal of the day: Soaked pellet food. 100%Water change every morning before feeding.

Note: Freeze dried bloodworm with auto-feeder will help if you dont have time.

Thanks for your input, P. This is a pumping method which I would like to stay away for the time being.