Aaarrrhhggg! I Hate My New Job!

Well as some of you know I have gotton a new job ...well lets just say I HATE IT...actually the job itself is not bad ..but my boss is really miserble ALL OF THE TIME...and tends to take it out on her employees ..recently I have been the person of choice to be miserable to ..I am still learning and it has been a challange which I'm always willing to try ..(it is a job I have no experince in )but I felt I was doing good ..or ok anyways ..I feel that under her "ways" of training I cannot learn no more ..I just can't ,she always acts irritated wehn I ask her somthing or ask for help.she tore me a new @#@#$% in front of a costumer ( after the costomer asked if I was alright and if I planned to keep working for the miserble ol coot ..she stated she would of walked off the job herself ..easy to say though ..I dread going in and feel like I will throw up with anxiety every morning ..I need to look for a new job ..and I also need the money I really don't know how long I will be able to hang in ..I am soooo stressed about it that I finally broke down and cried ..I feel terrible as I know she is under great stress as her husband is really ill and he goes in for surgury soon and they need me to help ..talk about an added stress ..... I hate feeling this way ..what do i do??!!.. :(

oh Hi-d poor you :( . It's so difficult working for someone who has a lot of stress and cannot channel it. Perhaps she'll be better after her hub has his surgery? Can you just keep looking for another job meanwhile? Don't take it personally as the customer says it isn't you, it sounds like its all her problem.

Oh so sorry to hear that :(

I guess she is the top of the chain hey? A while back (here comes my big confession) I got really sick of a supervisor at my job treating everyone horribly. In her case I don't think it was stress in her life as much as she gets a sick enjoyment from it. So one day I wrote an anymous email to our director about this girl. I didn't get nasty, but stated the facts, that she treats both customers and employees horribly. Well something got done, they made the girl do anger management!!!! It was very satisfying and I didn't feel bad at all because I know I made a lot of people's lives better.

Is there a complaint box or anything at your work? If a customer asked you if you'll be ok then they are obviously noticing your boss's behavior as well and it woudln't be suprising if one of them said something. It's poor buisness practice to degrade your employees in front of people. Maybe if your boss gets a bit of a wake up call, like a customer complaint, she'll take a step back and realize the way she's acting is unacceptable.

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

Sounds awful! Seems like you really don't have any way to change things there, but it also sound like it is her, not you that's the problem. I think all you can do is look for something new, and hang in there. You are a sweet person to still care enough to help this woman out after the way you have been treated. I don't think you need to feel guilty for leaving, you have your own sanity to look out for!

Awww Heidi I am soooo sorry... I know that feeling and it SUCKS!! I mean, luckily, things aren't bad right now for the most part, but I've been there and I know how stressful it is... I hope things get better for you.. We all love you and obviously your boss is too stupid to see how great you are.. hang in there. Maybe we can start our own, complain about new jobs thread!

Bummer, hun. What do you do there? Is her H sick with something major or something routine? I don't suppose you can find a quiet moment to talk to her? Would that be a total waste of time or can she sometimes be receptive?

Maybe you can find something better soon? I hope so. You shouldn't be going in there with your stomach in a knot every day, that's for sure.

Bummer, hun. What do you do there? Is her H sick with something major or something routine? I don't suppose you can find a quiet moment to talk to her? Would that be a total waste of time or can she sometimes be receptive?

Maybe you can find something better soon? I hope so. You shouldn't be going in there with your stomach in a knot every day, that's for sure.

It's a place like Staples but On a smaller Scale ..we make supply Orders for other companies and also sell to the public ...Her H has Liver Cancer (not good)..but The other girls said she is always like this ..I understand she is under tremendous stress ..but I cannot come home stressed and take it out on my family either....I would be SCARED to talk to her ..I would Rather take my chances with an ax murderer!!..lol..she really thinks that her way is the only way and she knows IT ALL.. :rolleyes: