Mouth Rot? Cloudy Eye? Please Help My Poor Comet

CometCrzy

Hmm...that pH in the main tank is a bit low. I'd be worried about putting him in there right now. 7.4 is sorta exactly where he should be. I feel like there have been a number of threads about pH lately I've read, so forgive me if you've posted in them... Do you know what is causing your pH to drop? What is it out of the tank?

I think you'll have a hard time getting that QT tank filter cycled though.

Tough situation all around.

When my fish was healing from columnaris, he was my only one. He was in a 20 gallon. But it was uncycled too. So I did daily changes of about 50% -- sometimes every other day (I'd dose with Prime to tide me over).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

URGH! He did his flashing thing again, I came out of the bathroom, ready to feed him and test his water yesterday, saw him do a little squirm and started darting all around the tank! He calmed down a few seconds later, bottom sat for an hr or so then he was hovering like always again and he's been hovering since then, all fins errect.

This was about 3-4hr after the water change, I wonder if that can be it?

RYC uberleslie- I use Amquel Plus and Stress Coat for all my water before I add it in, its the same right? I'm very tempted to go rubbermaid tub shopping this weekend!

Yeah, AmQuel is similar to Prime -- folks seem to use either one. Go rubbermaid shopping!!! :)

For the flashing. This could be the water change. Drop/raise in pH or temp. Or, it could even be healing. When Fisher was recovering, he would flash occasionally (in perfect water conditions). I think the healing may be "itchy" and the flashing (in Fisher's case, flashing and ramming his face into the tank glass) may have been how he "itched."

The most important thing that's happening is you are trying. If you keep trying, he will pull through. He looks big and healthy, and I think he can fight this...he just needs your help!

so when Fisher was healing did you use salt throughout the process or was it just clean water and lots of space. I notice me changing the water every day stresses him out so I'm leaning towards the zeolite option but since I can't use salt, I win some I lose some...

I'm so lost :blink: