Jump to content

Some Bloodish Stuff In Bubble Eyes Grill


shuvo

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

DSC04823.jpg

DSC04825.jpg

DSC04834.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

what is dis called?dis is my male short tai bubble eye.for few days i thought its nothing but its not going away and fish isnt eating properly..well i didnt saw.it`s in my 12gallon tank with 4 other bubble eyes.this happen when i feed him crushed koi pallets.but when i started to feed the fishes those pallets without crushing theres no problem is seen.even they are liking it more than any other floating pallets i ever feed them...

sorry guys i dont hav the equipment with me to do the tes so cant gaive the info sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

its getting worse...the bloodish stuff in grill is more.i separated him in a tank.gave fungus care in the water.its eating well but these spots r making me really worried.plz need help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

We need your water peramiters (pH, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite ect.) and how great of a water change you're doing and how often.

Ok first of all, a 12 gallon tank with 5 bubble eye goldfish is not a good idea. You should have at least a 30 gallon for all of those. Preferrably more. Secondly, this could be something called hemorrhagic septicemia. It's a bacterial infection caused by poor water conditions. It's useless to try and quarantine that fish seeing as it's probably infected the others by now as well.

Medications to try include Tetracycline/T.C Tetracycline by API. Follow the dosing instructions and it should be ok. It'll take effort though. You've got to stop the infection before it reaches the blood stream and starts to cause rupturing of blood vessels in the brain. This will lead to seizures and brain damage and eventually death.

Treat ALL your fish for this disease and I STRONGLY reccomend you buy a much larger tank or consider giving some of those fish away.

Good luck. Please continue posting and keep us updated with any questions or new info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Hello Fish king. Sorry to see your bubble-eye looking so unwell.

It is hard to advise you well without first knowing your water chemistry. Is it possible for you to measure ammonia and nitrite? This is really important to know about.

Also as Bubbleboy says, 5 fish in a 12 gal is a recipe for trouble as the water quality quickly becomes very polluted. Bacteria climb very high with this over-concentration of fish in a small water space and often there will be an excess of ammonia and nitrite if the load exceeds the filtration capacity.

Can you answer a few questions to help us more:

How often you change the water in this tank and how much?

How big are your fish?

What kind of filtration do you have?

Do you know how many gallns it pumps per hour?

I would be worried about running water medications unless you are sure there is no ammonia in the water - meds plus ammonia can be very toxic and often fatal.

Your fish need at least 10 gals each to be healthy. Is there any way for you to find them more space. Several large tubs?

I would first start by doing a very large temperature and PH-matched water change. Those fish need very regular very clean water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

at first i m really sorry that i keep them in a 12 gallon tank but seriously i didnt knew anything bout the need of water for gf before joining kokos,they use to be with other gfs of mine i just saparated them to keep them more better as they were before.our petshop ppl dont know or dont say anything bout needed water for gfs.that y i ..... sorry again,yesterday i bought a 45.5gallon tank where i m keeping my 16different types of 2inches gf they are really doing well.but still its not enought for me coz i used to buy many fried now they are grown up and shop owner wont take some bak or i hav no one to give fishes.my fiance`s tank is suitable for only two fish n already two fishes are there.i hav (45,20.12.10)gallons tanks and two 5 gallons plastic tubs,im keeping my sick bubble eye in one of them.my dad is bit mad at me and said me not to buy any more tank:(.i dont hav the tools to measure water condition coz they r not foun in petshops

ok now to the topic

*i change wate of my dis tank daily 80%i change

*i dont know how to age gf but as u seehe is bout 3.5inches,i hav another 3,5 female and two 2 inches and one 1inch bubble eye in my 12 gallon.but now only da 3.5 female,and two 2 inches females are in there.1inch is in my 45 gallon tank.and this guy is in 5 gallon plastic tub

*i have one water filter and a air stone in there

*the water filter say it pump880liters per hour

ps.except this guy all my fishes are doing very well.even hes also doing well but just the sopts are making me worried.hes swiming and eating properly too

regards

nahid

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
its getting worse...the bloodish stuff in grill is more.i separated him in a tank.gave fungus care in the water.its eating well but these spots r making me really worried.plz need help

If he is getting worse after medication, it may mean the medicine is not correct for the problem. Can you let us know what is in the Fungus Care product as we are not familiar with products where you are, however fish meds tend to be fairly similar worldwide so if we know the ingredients we can match it.

Does he have an airstone in the QT? This is especially important because his gills look so damaged and this is where oxygen is transferred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

I really don't think the red area is a fungus you're dealing with. Like I said earlier, it sounds more like hemorrhagic septicemia to me. I'd stop using that fungus medication as it also seems to have a negative side effect on your fish as well as not serving any medical purpose.

Is there any ammonia in your water?

Are you doing regular water changes in the medicated tank?

Have you removed all the carbon from your filter before adding the medication? Because some medications require you do this.

If it's red spot dosn't get any better, the try getting a hold of the medication I mentioned earlier: Tetracycline/T.C Tetracycline by API.

Also, try and get your hands on a water test kit. Water chemistry is VERY important to know, especially when treating a sick/injured fish. If you can't get your own kit, try taking a sample of your water down to your local fish store/pet store and see if they can test it for you.

Keep us posted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

sorry guyz the medicine i was using i thought was for fungas but as i today looking through the catalog i came to know that its forbacterial infections.the full medi is call star-100-gold

it also wrotten that it cures grill dieaseulcer,tail rot fin rotcottom wool diease etc etc.

now bout hte fish hes doing really welli change the water everyday but today i was too much tired so i put him i m 5 gallon glass bowl with the medicine.coz i had todo many work to day so i couldnt get time to clean it.and i just put him in the jar.in the morning i will keep him in the plastic tub again.i m too much tired that y....n hes doing well the red thing is reduced its now brown in color.hes eating my homemade jally food ,floating pallets.i m seeing hope....n hope fully soon he will n ok.tomorrow i will upload some pic of him here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Just remember that you must always put air/bubbles into the water when you are running medicine - treatments often strip the water of oxygen and the fish can suffocate. Does the bottle list the ingredients in the medicine? Malachite green? Formaldehyde? Any details? It would be helpful to know if you can find it written there.

Be careful of glass bowls also- they have less surface area for oxygen exchange at the top and can also cause the fish to be starved of oxygen especially at higher temperatures. Hopefully you'll have moved him by now. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

well theres nothing in the in the bottle...yes i gave air stone in there when i put him there...n hes moslty ok...i m keeping him it my bubble eye tank for today just to see how he will do....thanx guyz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...