Angel Is On Her Way To Heaven

I woke up this morning and fed my fish peas, and noticed Angel just scooting around on the bottom of the tank, having a horrible time swimming. She's never been a good swimmer, she's had irreversible swim bladder since I bought her in January. This is just looking too painful now, as of today. She's holding on like crazy, and if I come up to the tank she still makes sure to make her way over to me. :(

It's too hard for me to sit there and watch, it's heartbreaking. :cry

I love you Angel. You were secretly my favorite when I first brought you home with the others..

I'm so sorry about your Angel. Just to offer a little ray of hope.... my Ziggy has been through everything from several bouts of dropsy to horrible sb problems and he's still chugging along. He's a sinker/scooter now but he's really adapted to it and can get where he's going and feed himself and everything. He has a bubble wand that he uses to shoot himself all over the tank.

You're the one that knows what's best for your fish though and I really hope she can recover for you, but if she's miserable you'll be the one to know and I'm sure you'll know how to do what's best.

I think I'm going to wait and see a little longer, but I have noticed her falling on her side while scooting on the bottom today. I hope she's ok, it just seems different somehow.

The first weekend I brought her home my father said she was dying because of how she swam.. I did research, I fed her peas and she still did the same thing. I also read somewhere on the web that swim bladder just slowly kills them. I was hoping it was wrong. All of my fish have always been so healthy (minus her swimbladder) until recent.. Nemo died of dropsy and I've become terrified of parasites.

I'm praying for her. Hopefully I'm wrong and she'll be better soon. Maybe it's just colder than she'd like.. I've added a heater. I'm starting to think I'm going to need to keep a heater on throughout the winter, it's already so cold here!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments :) I know Angel appreciates them all as much as I do.

Edited by ang41087

Have you posted in the diagnosis section? usually trinket or pixie is trolling that section and they are usually really quick about getting back to you.

Stay strong! There is still hope :heart

So sorry about Angel.... I hope she bounces back for you.. I know it was really hard for you to lose Nemo, I hope you don't have to lose Angel as well.

I see you've got lots of new fish! : ) I have to check up on your threads,and get updated! Thats soo great!

I hope Angel will be ok!

My Esteban has been lying on the bottom of the tank for 2 months now. We have tried lots of things. But she is "happy" and trys to scoot around the tank. She gets real excited when I come over to the tank just like before. I pick her up and feed her and swim her around the tank twice a day. Is it a pain? Yes! But until she is herself anymore...what else can I do. Hang in there!