*squeals*

Anic

We were approved on the adoption application!! So we get another doggy!!!

He was taken to the vets yesterday or today to be neutered and have his shots updated, so tomorrow I get to go get him! So, starting tomorrow this place will be FLOODED with pics of my doggys! I'm so excited I can't think of anything to say! I can say that I almost don't want to go into work, I'm so excited!

:happydance:happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance :happydance:happydance

Get it yet? LOL

I am so

HAPPY!!!!

I can't get him until after 10 a.m. tomorrow, but man! I can't wait! Harley and the other doggy met on Monday and got along very well, and Larry and I liked him. Larry liked a very loud pit bull (he was sweet, just REALLY loud), a cute bull terrier mix (who didn't like Harley) and a brownish-gray puppy. I liked the brownish-grey puppy, a tiny litttle brown thing and a Daschund (he was already adopted)

I can't wait to bring him home! He was a stray and didn't have a collar, so no one know what his name is.

Of course, there will be pics LOL Ok, enough of my rambling. I need to pack my lunch for work!

Thanks guys!! Y'know my avatar for PB? Yea, that sums up EXACTLY how I feel right now!

Slight change of plans. The animal shelter/animal control just called and said that they had to take hime back to the vets, because he pulled some of his stitches out. :ignore The lady I talked to said that she thinks he'll be back at noon, but she isn't sure and she'll call me when he does get back. If he doesn't go back before one, I'll have to get him tomorrow because I have leave for work at 3 today. That's ok though because I need to go to the bank and I was gonna stop by a petstore to get him a new collar and two new leashes. (I bought Harley a leather collar, and honestly, he looks funny with a brown leather collar and a red nylon leash) And treats, lots of treats and a second food dish.

I read through my initial post and realized that never once did I mention what dog I got! I was too excited. We got a Jack Russell mix. He looks like a Jack Russell, but you can tell that there's something else in there. Like Harley is part Rat Terrier, part weenie lol The new dog is all white, with medium brown spots on his head and he has a cute little brown nose :heart

Chrissy - I sort of paid for his neuter. The adoption fee for a dog is $100, but the dog gets neutered/spayed, updated on all shots, a HomeAgain chip and a year's worth of pet insurance. It's the same with cats, except $20 cheaper. When we got Harley, my mom paid (this was a few years ago) $10 for the adoption fee and took him to our vets to have his shots updated and to be neutered. At our vets, the "big snip" and shots were only $60. Our vet is CHEAP, but he's great. It's a first come, first serve basis but he HAS to go through 3 times as many patients as a regular vet in one day.

He's home!

Cone head!

100_3069.jpg

Eating the rest of Harley's food..

100_3061.jpg

Laying on my lap

100_3067.jpg

Making himself comfortable on the couch.

100_3076.jpg

100_3078.jpg

A couple of Harley

100_3059.jpg

100_3060.jpg

100_3079.jpg

I don't have any of them together, because I've been playing referee. The new dog is wounded from his surgery (he was neutered and had 2 retained puppy teeth pulled). There is a little growling from the new dog, but he's in pain from the vet's, he's been to three different and strange places in the last week and who knows what before then. But in 10 days I take him to the vets to have his staples removed, and hopefully by then he'll be happy little camper.

He is picture perfect with those markings :heart . Of course he will take some time to settle in, he must have been through a lot. Its just great he can now live with people that love him and will take good care of him. You have done something really wonderful!! Cant wait for update pics later.

He is adorable!!! The poor guy with his cone :P

That's amazing about the fees and your vet, what a great system! I had to pay $50 for Molly, all that was included was the flea treatment she'd had before we got her. After that it was on us to have her spayed and get all her shots, which was a hefty bill!

He is beautiful and I love the collar! A little growling is to be expected and two males (if I have that right) can take a little longer to work out the pack heirarchy than one of each sex. But generally if you let them they will work it out.

Great job on adopting! Rescued dogs are the best. :Congrats:

Thanks guys! I was a little worried when I first thought about applying for him, that he and Harley would have issues because they're both male but so far so good.

Well, not really. I've been home from work for about an hour and I've taken him out already. He didn't do anything while I was freezing outside waiting on him for 20 minutes! He comes inside and marks the door to Larry's "gym" and then takes a poop in front of the front door! I didn't expect him to be housebroken, and it's not his fault. The next three days will be super fun getting him on a potty schedule.

Anyway. Actually, Harley is a rescue, too. We got him one day when I was volunteering at said animal shelter, when a lady dropped him off and said that (Harley was a tiny puppy at the time) he didn't get alond with her other dog. Guess who convinced her mom to get him!

He's super cute. They both are. Both of them have this look like they're saying "Please love me" just this 200% innocent look. Adorable!

Ok, I'm getting incoherent, I need to get some sleep. Night, everybody!

Oh, yeah, names. I was thinking Jake or Justin, something like that. Larry didn't have any suggestions, and he didn't have a collar when he was picked up. At the animal shelter, they have to have a name for whatever animal they're taking to the vet, and for the HomeAgain chip, so the lady put "Hobo" on his papers....

• 4 weeks later...

An adoarable little "WishBone" doggie!!!!! And a shelter one, to boot! That is SUPER. :hug

I hope you get the sleep you need and that Harley and the new pup discover that they are really long lost best friends.

:)

Hobo stuck. It's weird calling for him when he's out on the tie-out lol Every pic I get of them together is blurry and parts of Harley match the rug in the living room so all you see are the white spots.

Ok, Photobucket has a weird new setup with the pics and I can't get it to work for me...

Thank you! Hobo is horribly spunky, but that's a Jack Russell trait. In all of Hobo's pics, he has this happy, ditzy blonde expression and Harley has a ticked off Goth kid look. It's really funny.