Clean Tank!and Moved!

Ok it has been a while on fishy topics for me ...I have been soooo busy ...anyhoo ...Today I had moved the 55 on the other wall in the kitchen ..I of coures had to break evrything down CLEAN it (it was so gross ) not that I have not cleaned it ..it was gross on the outside backside (yuck)..it was covered in all this crud ..so I had put all the fish in buckets with airstones ,put the cats away .and get to work ..scrubbing ..I also had to drape towels over the buckets..I had a jumper..spooks the lionhead.. :rolleyes: ..so to keep him in I had to cover the top..so my grandma and I moved thewhole tank and cabinet without any problems :D ..so I filled it put filter #1 on ..good ...filter #2 on ...good ...and filter # 3....&%$#@**&%%$# :madrant do you think i could the s.o.b to start!!!!..I know 3 filters ..I 'm glad I got the 2 others but it is irritating to deal with a filter that just won't work ..anyways I finally did get it going ..all is good until I realize the filter is leaking ..grrrrrrrrrrrrr...I blew the seal ,so fortunatly hubby is going to go to work and replace it for me and I will be up and going soon ...and I emphasize soon..as the hardest part will be to get my husband to remember :rolleyes: ...I really thought the hard part will be to move the dang thing!!

Sounds like fun :rofl

Filters have a knack for not starting if you distrub them, I had the same thing happen this week. But luckily mine restarted when I gave it a good smack!

a good smack..lol...My Grandma (bless her heart) ..told me that if I called it everything but a filter....it should start :rolleyes:

Filters can be so grumpy and unpleasant when moved from their comfortable familiar resting spots :D !! I join in your filter rage heartily since I had two filters break down over our last move.

I had the same thing happen to me! I came back from rehearsal and my bf told me "your filter sounds weird" when I asked him how long it had been sounding that way he replied "not sure, I was napping." :ignore Turns out the dern impeller was not spinning. I thought for sure that my filter was going to be burned out and ended up having to take it entirely apart only to find that it was a root of water lettuce that has wrapped around the impeller stopping it! Jeesh! I am never leaving my bf in charge when I leave again! He'll probably fall asleep and miss one of the goldies jumping out of the tank! :rofl

Seems like when things should be smooth whatever could go wrong does

Ain't that the truth!!!!!! Everything always happens all at once... Drives me crazy!!!

LOL I can picture you there screaming at the filters Heidi! LMAO... Hope hubby gets everything back running smoothly again soon, otherwise you can start calling HIM a lot of names too lol