Furball

Chrissy_Bee

Ok, just in case you're not all sick of seeing/reading about my new hamster yet....here are a few more pics of Furball!! :heart:heart:heart

Here he is checking out a rock I put in his tank

IMG_2789.jpg

This is how I found him today...so comfy

IMG_2793.jpg

Time to get up!

IMG_2796.jpg

and exploring his newly cleaned home

IMG_2799.jpg

Last but not least, peaking out. He's pretty miffed at me right now for cleaning his tank. I had a bit of a hard time catching him too, so he is not impressed.

IMG_2800.jpg

Ok....I'm done now, just had to share his cuteness one more time :P

Awwww...he is very very cute Chrissy..I have no words...the pictures are priceless...comfy bed and time to wake up, the peeking one...all are awfully cute... :heart ..I love him..and an apt name Furball... :heart ...thnks for sharing... :)

That's just like our cat. She loves the cardboard any-old-how cut out boxes Xavier makes for her and turned her nose up at the expensive basket we bought her.

Did your Furball put the tissue on top of himself when he slept? That's so intelligent, and funny :D

Just like a kid to ignore the toy and spend hours with the box! :D

Furball is one of the cutest hamsters I've ever seen, and we had lots of them as kids. Every time I see a picture, I can't help saying "Awwwww" right out loud.

Awwww... he makes me wish I had a hampster again..... SO cute. A very very long time ago, hampsters were not a common pet. The professor that I lived with ordered one out of a science magazine for me. (Actually, a pair). They were imported from Syria in number 10 tin cans - one hampster in each can with a raw potato tucked in each can with them for water and food during shipping. Unfortunately, when they arrived, only one was alive. But he was a GREAT pocket pet. I loooooved him. Not too long after that, you could get a hampster at the local pet shop. I had hampsters, gerbils and degus for so many years. I miss the little fellows.

Keep posting pictures. They are really welcome.

:)

You know the funny thing about the box? It contained a special nest ball I bought him, he doesn't touch the nest ball, loves the box. Typical :rolleyes:

:rofl ...Awww..tht is soooo cute..I have never had a pet ever before...just goldfish from sometime back..but Furball really makes me have one...such a cutie... :heart

Awww I LOVE Syrians! I miss having them so much. Sundae used to run around the living room while Suzy was in the roller. Sundae was the best hamster ever. Will have to get another hamster as soon as I move out of here. They're so cute!

Furball looks really settled :) And lol at the third picture. What a perfect moment to take a photo! :lol

Nope! Not sick of the pics at all - he's gorgeous.

He's just like my daughter's hamster 'Hua' who died of wet tail :cry1 Seeing him makes me want to get her another one. Trouble is I have killer cats who make me very nervous about letting a hamster out to run around. I used to get so worried he'd slip under the door or escape that he really ended up spending too much time in his cage and didn't have enough freedom. Do you have cats, Chrissy?

Did your Furball put the tissue on top of himself when he slept? That's so intelligent, and funny :D

Yes he put the tissue there. Hamsters seem to love tissue, the one I had as a kid would shred it to tiny pieces and build her nest from it.

Awwww... he makes me wish I had a hampster again..... SO cute. A very very long time ago, hampsters were not a common pet. The professor that I lived with ordered one out of a science magazine for me. (Actually, a pair). They were imported from Syria in number 10 tin cans - one hampster in each can with a raw potato tucked in each can with them for water and food during shipping. Unfortunately, when they arrived, only one was alive. But he was a GREAT pocket pet. I loooooved him. Not too long after that, you could get a hampster at the local pet shop. I had hampsters, gerbils and degus for so many years. I miss the little fellows.

That's really interesting! What's weird is most of the sites I've read said that feeding raw potato is a bad thing.

Do you have cats, Chrissy?

No, my cat lives with my sister and her boyfriend. Technically she was 'our' cat and my sister has a nice big house, so she got custody :rofl

I think that's why I was so taken with Furball, I want a fuzzy warm pet again! I really have to get used to handling him though, I think I'm a bit too nervous and he senses it. I think I'm going to try and set up a 'safe' area soon so I can let him out to run around and get used to me a bit more.

I'm hoping he lives a long time, he came from a lab and has tons of vaccinations. A lady at school took one a few years ago and it's still going strong!

I have no idea about the raw potatoes, but I suspect they did whatever they wanted to do over 50 years ago when shipping small rodents! I know that potatoes, when rotting, will turn to a watery mush - and are an excellent source of water. Perhaps the potatoes were used for a water source more than a food source. I was VERY young - I do not remember too much about it - I just remember crying when I opened the one can and the poor little hampster was all dried up and dead. The otehr little one was ADORABLE and soooooo sweet, though. I remember that VERY well. I fed him walnuts from our walnut orchard......

I have always had loads of cats and rodents in the past. I had a cat that lived 24 years. She was the BEST mouser I have ever had. She would line the little bodies of mice up on the rug for me each morning. EEEwwwh. But she was good at what she did.

Once, my degus got out - both parents and the whole litter of babies - 8 altogether. Sammy, the cat, found each one and brought it to me, unharmed and unhurt. So do not underestimate a cat's understanding of things. I am sure Sammy knew that those little rodents were very important to me - and that they were not "prey". She was GREAT.

What about one of those exercise balls? My kids used to lhave their small pocket pets run around in those all the time. They would roll them all around the house - in front of the cats and all up and down the halls. (just block off the stair wells!).

I have no idea about the raw potatoes, but I suspect they did whatever they wanted to do over 50 years ago when shipping small rodents! I know that potatoes, when rotting, will turn to a watery mush - and are an excellent source of water. Perhaps the potatoes were used for a water source more than a food source. I was VERY young - I do not remember too much about it - I just remember crying when I opened the one can and the poor little hampster was all dried up and dead. The otehr little one was ADORABLE and soooooo sweet, though. I remember that VERY well. I fed him walnuts from our walnut orchard......

I have always had loads of cats and rodents in the past. I had a cat that lived 24 years. She was the BEST mouser I have ever had. She would line the little bodies of mice up on the rug for me each morning. EEEwwwh. But she was good at what she did.

Once, my degus got out - both parents and the whole litter of babies - 8 altogether. Sammy, the cat, found each one and brought it to me, unharmed and unhurt. So do not underestimate a cat's understanding of things. I am sure Sammy knew that those little rodents were very important to me - and that they were not "prey". She was GREAT.

What about one of those exercise balls? My kids used to lhave their small pocket pets run around in those all the time. They would roll them all around the house - in front of the cats and all up and down the halls. (just block off the stair wells!).

That is really sweet Daryl! It doesn't suprise me, I think some pets do understand more than we think.

When I was younger my hamster was a real escape artist. I remember once she got out and ran across the paws of my three sleeping dogs...all of them 60lbs or more. SCARY!

As for the exercise ball...that's on my shopping list :)

Yay Furball that one of him yawning looks a bit scary :lol

I know!! :P

awwww furball is soo cute !!!!!....Do you remembe the show with the talking hamster and guinie pig..it was AGES ago ..I forget what it is called ..anyways ..he looks just like that hamster..lol

Hammie the Hamster????

If it's the one I"m thinking of, they had a rat and turtle too. It was so funny

awwww furball is soo cute !!!!!....Do you remembe the show with the talking hamster and guinie pig..it was AGES ago ..I forget what it is called ..anyways ..he looks just like that hamster..lol

Hammie the Hamster????

If it's the one I"m thinking of, they had a rat and turtle too. It was so funny

did it have a waterwheel?? if so the same show :lol1