New Orandas

alistairw

My friend Chas looked after sam and frodo for 8 months whilst i was deployed on my ship. Once i had my fish back and settled in to their new 25 gallon tank he was left with an empty and fully cycled 15 gallon tank. He told me that he would like to get his own goldfish so a trip to the local lfs was planned. i bought him a new filter and all the accessories that he would need as a thanks for looking after my fish. After much deliberation he chose 2 little orandas and is planning on getting a 4 foot tank in the near future. Here are the little guys. Sasha is a red oranda and digweed is the blue one. Will keep you all posted on their progress.

sasha2small.jpg

digweed5small.jpg

:)

• 3 weeks later...

sasha and digweed came down with White spot, they were treated with salt but to no avail, since then my friend Chas medicated with api anti White spot treatment. I am back at work now and he couldn't get hold of either pimafix or melafix. Digweed passed away today and sasha isn't doing too well. I got my fingers crossed for the little guy. Alistair.

awwww.... darnit! And I loved that name.... Digweed.... poor little feller.... :tou All my prayers for Sasha and, hopefully, this will not douse your friend's new-found interest in goldies..... you just gotta explain to him that it wasn't his fault and, clearly, they came from the store with this as he managed to take care of your fish just fine.

• 3 weeks later...