Excellent Uk Fancy Gfish Supplier

Pixiefish

Many of you may have seen the wonderful pics posted by Claire of the recent Festival of Fishkeeping - see topic here......

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...=73222&st=0

Most of the fancies were from Star Fisheries; on Claire's info I contacted the owner, Andy, and arranged a trip to his fishery in Surrey to take a look. As many of you have discovered, there is a real scarcity of good quality, attractive fancies in the UK right now. So I have to say I was bowled over by the sight of so many beautiful fish in all in one place :thud

He has everything from tiny babies, right up to dinner-plate sized jumbos, with a huge variety of breeds and colours on offer :tonge: . He goes out to China to hand pick all his fish which are very well cared for, fully quarantined and in perfect condition. He is able to ship fish anywhere in the world and I think that anyone, especially in the UK and Europe, could be sure to find the fish they really want, through him. He has a website which is still under construction, but shows many of the lovely and unusual fish he stocks.

Here is all the info for anyone who is interested to take a look.

Website -

http://www.fancygoldfish.org/index.php?mai...c13ed71992eaaef

Contact details -Andy Green

Star Fisheries

94a Benhill Road

Sutton

Surrey

SM1 3RX

Tel 0208 643 8162/3/4/5

Fax 0208 643 8166

E-Mail andy.green@starfisheries.co.uk

I exercised a great deal of self-control :druel:druel and decided on 3 very young fish, so we can see them grow - a panda butterfly moor, a jet-black ranchu and a red, white and gold bubble-eye (my favourite). I'll post up pics tomorrow so you can see them.

Glad you had an excellent day. Told you they were fantastic fish!! And the big ones, are very big arent they!! did you see the deep bodied Ryukins?? They were huge. I wish they werent so far away, maybe I can save some money up for a new tank and shipping from them!!

I hope your new ones do well and grow up just as big and beautiful. I cant wait to see pics of your new ones. Lucyfish has a calico telescope from them.

Amazing place! The white on that first calico ryukin is soooo thick/opaque. Truly gorgeous fish. Does he sell a lot? So this is where you got your 3 new babies Pixiefish, it must have been soooo hard to choose :krazy:

Yes, it was hard not to go beserk and come home with 50! I especially wanted to be able to have some big ones, but I will have to wait for larger accommodation before I do that. So I imposed some self control.

OK, off to photo the new ones for you all.................

Well, I've tried to take some shots but they really aren't great, as I don't have a proper viewing tub to shoot them in.

Anyway, this will have to do for the time being.

Here's the bubble-eye who I love!

2006_1211FishNew0002.jpg

2006_1211FishNew0001.jpg

'Feed me'!

2006_1211FishNew0003-1.jpg

And the panda butterfly

2006_1211FishNew0003-2-1.jpg

2006_1211FishNew0002-1-1.jpg

I couldn't get any definition on the black ranchu so I'll try him in another bowl when I can get a better light.

• Admin

Nice goldfish hun. I really like that panda..I had one years ago like that one, but she died of dropsy's, this was before I researched a cure for it....

Nice bubbles too...you have the filter intakes safe ? :)

Very nice fish, I love your bubble eye. I loved those panda butterflies when I saw them, I would love a panda. Congrats. again.

Wow you have yourself a very pretty bubble eye there!! The bubbles are really well developed and look quite solid already and a beautiful orange/yellow color. His body coloring is also really gorgeous. I would call him Jaffa. Your panda looks like one I had -mine turned all white in the end though- cant wait to see your black ranchu.