Now Cindy Lou Is Floaty............

Jeana727

I am having THE WORST fish experiences E V E R! First I loose Big Boy & Buster. Now Cindy Lou is Floaty. Back in MAy she did this. Some salt baths seemed to clear it up! Now she has it again. My water is fine & I do regular big water changes.

Ammonia Level? 0

Nitrite Level? 0ppm

Nitrate level? 40ppm

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? 7.3

Ph Level (KH/GH) out of the Tap?

Brand of test-kit used? (strips or drops?) drops

[*]Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 90 gals.....2 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter/s? 2 AQ110's and a Fluval 104

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly. From 30% to 60%

What do I need to do? I am worn out from watching my goldies die.

((I just did a salt bath for Cindy Lou))

Edited by Jeana727

Jeanna the good news is that if she has done this before and recovered she can recover again!

Can you think of anything new that's going on in the tank at all? Any new food? Any new change in temp? Anything?

And it may not be this at all but I would try and get your nitrates even lower.

Oh False Alarm! My Nitrates are between 15-20! Sorry! I new my readings were good! I think my typing skills leave something to be desired though!!

This morning she is swimming around like normal!! (She's gonna drive me :wacko: )

Ever heard of a fish that hets float issues on & off?

Edited by Jeana727

The salt dip seems to have done the trick again. She is swimming around like normal, no flipping at all! (Thankfully!!) How often is it ok to do salt dips? Just whenever she gets all flippy give her a dip?

I read about Permoxyn. Should I get something like this & treat my tank? Having lost 2 fish recently & with Cindy Lou having flip over problems I am wondering if this would rid the tank of any bad stuff that may be in there. Is that a good idea?

Well usually Permoxyn affects bbs badly. Its a major event. I dont know..how long since the deaths? It's poss the fish that did not get sick wont. They have some kind of residual immunity to what it was. It is always a tricky call to make though.

How strong are the saltdips you are giving her?

And yes, fish can be on and off floaters/fusspots for ever...(I have one) OR they can go on to develop fullblown swimbladder problems and permanent flipover, all different.

Thanks! I really appreciate your opinion! I will leave it alone. It's just I am so thrown off by my recent losses I guess. (whispering the following) everyone else SEEMS fine. I'll leave well enough alone!

The on again off again flipping is worrisome. (She's upside down now....after swimming fine all day!)

Edited by Jeana727