Halloween Plans? Costumes?

Chrissy_Bee

It's less than a week until Halloween and I was wondering what everyone's plans are?

I FINALLY came up with a costume last night, I'm going to be a biologist complete with rubber boots, crazy hair and binoculars :rofl

I'm going to a party at the Uni pub, and if that's too dull then downtown where you pay $15 cover to get into any bar on the street (and there are a LOT of bars down there).

How about everyone else?

Watch scary movies and give out candy to the kids brave enough to come to my door with my barking dogs. lol We don't get many and yes many of them well skip our house cause of my pack of dogs. Oh well thier lose I give out good stuff. lol

I usually carve a couple of pumpkins then settle in of the sofa to watch scary movies. We don't have that many kids that go trick or treating anymore, everyone is super paranoid and for the past couple of years it's been on the decline. I may grab an extra bag and give out some, and if no one comes by I'll have goodies to eat myself. XD

I love Halloween!!!! I am so excited. Here are my plans, on Thursday we're going to the pumpkin patch and then we're going home carving pumpkins and then off to the haunted house here in town and then on Friday we're having our annual Halloween party where we have to wear art historically significant costumes, last year I was Queen Elizabeth, this year I'm going to be Cleopatra! I am so excited, I love my costume though I feel strange looking at myself in a black wig.

Halloween rocks. We bought our pumpkin yesterday am gonna carve it on thursday. Ive got all my Halloween decorative stuff all pulled out including my tombstone :P

Have 3.5kg of candy for trick or treaters halloween cakes . I have found my scary mask to :P

Ooo and not forgetting my halloween crackers :D

Halloween001.jpg

:lol2 I just noticed pepsi is asleep next to them

I have loads of horror movies lined up first four Saw movies for starters I saw Saw 5 at movies on fri it was excellant

Edited by Blue

Brendans work is having a competition this Friday on their "beer n pizza" night (they have it on the last Friday of every month) where the person who makes the best halloween treat wins something.. Bren doesn't know all the details but I think the only reason he told me was so I could cook something :P Which is fine, I love cooking lollies and sweet things, however I don't have a creative bone in my body and have never celebrated a Halloween before..

Anyone have any suggestions? Bare in mind that Bren works for a game studio so the place is full of code monkeys, game designers and game testers...

I dont know wat im doing exactly yet but i have my costume! Its a poilce officer costume (my mom said i should order a medium, i thought small would b better cuz it was mens size but anyway the medium is ginourmous on me) but it'll work out cuz i gotta wear something under it anyways, and I got this CSI patch that i put on it so now its a CSI costume!!

Edited by Shamu23

my halloween costume is going to be a hat. :lol1 I am going to decorate a small hat and wear it to work (yes, I will also have my clothes on) I don't like to wear a costume all day, and I work in a crafts store so I should do something. I thought a hat would be unobtrusive.

A couple of the folks there are going all out. One will be a Gypsy and one is doing the Hippy Chick thing. My Honey has a ghilly suit.. Maybe I should wear that with a gas mask :rofl I'd scare all the little kiddies!

This year Halloween coincides with Diwali... :) ..Diwali is a Hindu festival from India..Its called the festival of lights.. :) ..So I am celebrating Diwali with Halloween...My house is a mixture of both this year..I have nice lights out on the patio..I have been putting out 'diyas',traditional oil lamps, on my patio and the little alter I have at home..Have cleaned the house and today evening would be a nice pooja (offering prayers) with Indian sweet goodies.. :) ...I am gonna make Halwa...now this is a traditional sweet dessert made out of processed cream of wheat...tiny grains that you can compare to grits.. :) I found recipes online..you might wanna chk out..Sooji Halwa..its simple...and I have my ways of toning down the fat content in it...so its not loaded with calories and is not rich, but tastes gr8.. :) ..besides I make only one small serving..so its not too bad.. :P ..and who cares its Diwali... :D ..Diwali is as big as Christmas for Indians...so yeah no one counts the calories...its full of goodies... :D

For Halloween, I got a lil plastic pumpkin, I guess its for collecting candies, but I am going to hang it in the patio.. :D ...looks very nice and bright...I have got 2 pumpkins... :) ..One for carving..its got a very long stem so its a perfect one for the Jack-o-lantern...I have seen articles how to carve pumpkins..would be my first try at it ever...But am sure it will turn out good...I will definitely post pictures... :)

The other pumpkin will be used to make some pumpkin soup...yayyyy..first time too..I hope its good...if you guys have any tried and tested pumpkin soups that taste gr888..I would really appreciate sharing recipes with me.. :) ...Then who can forget candies for Trick or Treat.. :) ..I also have cat ears from last year so I guess am just gonna wear those.. :) ...so its a nice happy time...full of celebrations.. :) ..Will be home...enjoying.. :)

You can tell I have a lot of time on hand... :P ..thats cos have been laid off.. :( ..the IT industry is not doing soo good...but well..am looking for job options..hope things get better..in the meantime..Happy Diwali and Happy Halloween... :):heart

Edited by SunshineGurl

Happy Diwali to you too! It sounds like a fun holiday, what exactly does it celebrate?

I'm not a big Halloween person but my boyfriend's dragging me to his party...I think its one of the biggest in Flagstaff this year so I'm excited but nervous I don't do well with that many people. No costume, just a dress.

Oh and I'm on my way out to buy dark chocolate truffles for myself. None of that hershey's crap ;)

We ended up not doing anything last night.. Brendans work just made half their company redundant and I didn't really feel like celebrating anything when ~30 people had just lost their job :( Luckily Brendan wasn't one of them.. Thanks EA..

Still need to see pics of everyone elses adventures!!

Cool costume Chrissy, and nice TV too. LOL!

My friend has been putting on a super awesome haunted house in her front yard every year. Each year it gets bigger and better. Here are some shots from it. My job was to pretend to be dead in the coffin, and then when people would come up close to look, I would jump up and freak them out!!

IMG_8812.jpg

Me and JD. He was a zombie and chased people around his lab!

IMG_8821.jpg

Haunted forest:

IMG_8823.jpg

Mausoleum that a vampire jumped out of:

IMG_8824.jpg

Those are awesome!! I'm such a scardy cat when it comes to haunted houses. They usually have a huge one here called the 'harbour haunt' that's in an empty building downtown and I never work up the nerve to go.

The tv is a beauty hey? It's my bf's baby

Happy Diwali to you too! It sounds like a fun holiday, what exactly does it celebrate?

Aww..Thank you so much.. :) ..Diwali actually celebrates the return of Lord Rama after 14 years of exile..On his return home the place was lit up with lights... :)

Here are a few pics...The traditional oil lamps :) and my Patio.. :) ..very simple lights... :)DSC00317.jpg

DSC00296.jpgDSC00298.jpg

Here are a few photos from the party:

l_c1e973c52aea4c3f8ac0eb59d454ba1b.jpg

my boyfriend and I we didn't really have costumes so we just dressed up.

n1076550001_30085475_1003.jpg

cas and I. He's the best captain jack sparrow I've seen so far

n1076550001_30085547_7800.jpg

yah... typical college party...but done international style.

It was fun!

Edited by Ponderosa Power

Great costumes, he really did make a fantastic Jack Sparrow!

The collage party I went to was very international as well, a lot of the students didn't dress up but stared at all us Canadians (and Americans) like we were nuts :P