Buble Eyes

Guest telescope eye

Guest telescope eye

hi ,im wondering if buble eyes are easy to take care of.I was researching one night and a web site said that the fluid sack under the eyes can be ruptered easily . iIm wondering if it is fatal to fish.

No it isn't fatal - the bubbles grow back but they do not grow large again so the 2 bubble eyes can then be very mismatched in size. The color is sometimes different too in the new bubble.

I think bubble eyes are for advanced fishkeepeers really since they do have special needs. The sacs are so easily burst you cant even have plants in the tank ...one member here had a bubble burst on a plant.. Barebottom tanks are a must and filters have to be carefully rigged so there are no sharp parts or suction areas that might suck in a bubble. Easily done. Also other tank members will suck on the bubbles and any rough housing can break them so they should not be kept with more agressive fish and never comets/commons. They have sight problems like celestials because there eyes are facing upward and its very hard for them to find food...and the bubbles when fully grown also make feeding a slow process.

In one of my local stores (the best one) there is a sign above the bubble eyes reads "not for beginners". But they are lovely gentle fish -I think they are beautiful especially when fully grown to about 8 inches. Sadly few bubble eyes make it to that size though.

But after saying all that- don't be put off getting a bubble eye..as a kokos member you have all the help you need right here to get you set up with a bubble eye and if the conditions are right they make very lovely and unique fish pets!! :D

i have a bble eye! but like trinket said hard work! my bble eyes bubble popped once but went back to normal size and equal!but i kno in some they dont come back the same.i had to make mine barebottom and took out sharp objects! :)