Kamu's Personality Starting To Show

Kamu has been with me now for close to 4 days. He was pretty timid at first and just stayed in the corner of the tank. He started to finally explore yesterday. Today, I saw him swimming around and checking everyone out. I gave them some yummy broccoli today and Kamu attacked the first piece that hit the water :ymmu ! He doesn't seem to be snobby but just like a new kid checking everything out and a little shy. He is a super sweet fish and seems like he doesn't want to cause any trouble with anyone :heart . I just LOVE him!!!!

Aw, new fish are so fun, aren't they? He's a cutie pie. How big is he? He's a lionhead? I can't tell from the picture. I want one and a ranchu one day. Actually, my goal is to have a large tank with at least one of every type of fancy in it. And a koi pond in my yard. One day...

Glad Kamu is doing well. :)

I'm sure it's normal. I got my pearlscale 2 days ago and he/she is still shy, but he/she's opening up. But I didn't have mine shipped. I got him at a lfs.

Yes it is very normal, though Ken from dandy orandas does an excellent job of shipping, much can be said about some of those drivers from UPS or what happens to the fish after it comes off the airplane. I bought a matt ranchu much like yours from the last auction. It took a couple of days to adjust now he is the most hyper fish in my tank and wants to mate with the girls. I would suggest that when you get a new fish shipped, you place him your tank (quarantine) and keep him dark or in a dimly lit room for at least 24 hours. Only offer a tiny amount of food. I do not use any medication, salt, etc unless I notice a problem (however this has never happened with any fish from Ken). I find this helps the fish adjust very quickly

Well Of Course they are getting along with Kamu.........who could RESIST that PUDGY FACE????? :yeah:

Ah, but they may be jealous of him/her because he/she's so beautiful! :tomuch:

He's a ranchu and I think he is a little over 3 inches.

I forgot to ask, is it normal for fish that have been shipped to take a few days to adjust or should I be concerned?

Yes it is very normal, though Ken from dandy orandas does an excellent job of shipping, much can be said about some of those drivers from UPS or what happens to the fish after it comes off the airplane. I bought a matt ranchu much like yours from the last auction. It took a couple of days to adjust now he is the most hyper fish in my tank and wants to mate with the girls. I would suggest that when you get a new fish shipped, you place him your tank (quarantine) and keep him dark or in a dimly lit room for at least 24 hours. Only offer a tiny amount of food. I do not use any medication, salt, etc unless I notice a problem (however this has never happened with any fish from Ken). I find this helps the fish adjust very quickly

My ranchu came from Ken with just a touch of red on her side, but it went away in less than 2 days. She is an extremely shy, reclusive fish, but even for her personality, I could tell the difference from the shipping-and-getting-used-to-the-new-home stress and just shyness. So, it took her probably a week to start acting like she felt comfortable.

Thanks for the reassurance! I did notice the FedEx truck pull up and I waited right by the door expecting the doorbell to ring. Before it rang, I heard a THUD right by the door! I knew he had just dropped the box with Kamu in it, taking little notice to the big red letters LIVE COLD-WATER FISH written on the box!!!!! I immediately opened the door and the delivery guy was already halfway down my drive way. He kinda looked at my funny probably because I unknowingly had my feelings on my face :bat: ! I didn't want to be rude but I just couldn't believe he just almost threw the box down!!!!! No wonder poor little Kamu is unsure and stressed :(

luvmyfish[/b] Posted Today, 03:32 PM"] Thanks for the reassurance! I did notice the FedEx truck pull up and I waited right by the door expecting the doorbell to ring. Before it rang, I heard a THUD right by the door! I knew he had just dropped the box with Kamu in it, taking little notice to the big red letters LIVE COLD-WATER FISH written on the box!!!!! I immediately opened the door and the delivery guy was already halfway down my drive way. He kinda looked at my funny probably because I unknowingly had my feelings on my face :bat: ! I didn't want to be rude but I just couldn't believe he just almost threw the box down!!!!! No wonder poor little Kamu is unsure and stressed :(

*GASP* I probably would have given that driver a (very loud) piece of my mind! Although it's probably good you didn't because if he would deliver your fish next time, he might do worse. But still, I can't believe someone would do that to a box that was clearly marked like you said!

My red/white matt didn't show any stress at all. He came out the box swimming and looking!

Now, as for those delivery guys...some do not CARE! I caught one tossing my box up in the air.