Aw, Hermits!

whitner

When me and my brother were younger we used to get hermit crabs every time we went to Myrtle Beach. I haven't had one in years. I remember when my brother lost one. He was 5 and he took it outside to play in the grass. He got distracted and it walked away never to be seen again! We moved away from that neighborhood that same year and sometimes I wonder if that crab ever did survive and grow to be a monster! Haha. Very doubtful though, but would make for a great horror story. GIGANTIC HERMIT CRAB TERRORIZES NEIGHBORHOOD. :krazy:

I still have the shell of my very first hermit sitting in my bathroom as a decoration.

Edited by whitner

LOL, that would make for quite a story, and I can see the movie posters now!

Speaking of movies, it looks like your avatar is "Twilight" meets "Harry Potter", am I right?

LOL, that would make for quite a story, and I can see the movie posters now!

Speaking of movies, it looks like your avatar is "Twilight" meets "Harry Potter", am I right?

You sure are! :) It shows my love for both books. However, I will always love Harry more.

Edited by whitner

Were they the purple pincher hermits, or marine hermits from tide pools? The purple pinchers are native to the Caribbean and are the only land hermits in the US. THey are only found down in the very southernmost tip of Florida. I used to read stories of families in Key West who just had purple pinchers running around in their yards!!

Actually no land hermit crabs can grow much larger than the size of your fist. They are limited by the size and weight of the shells they can carry around. No sea snails or land snails get large enough for them to grow giant and terrorize people.

Marine hermits are another story...

Hawaii278-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

:moved:

Whitney, the Twilight heavy posts have been moved into a new topic in the Chatterbox.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=74642 :)

Edited by Lady_D