Goldfish In Hand

Hidr

I got wet and Star spewed eggs on me. lol

Star does not fit in my hand to well so was hard to get the picture, she kept getting lose.

starinhand.jpg

Mongo was easier but the lighting was all wrong for him. (no breeding stars yet but he was chasing Star all over this morning so think Mongo is a male.)

Mongoinhand.jpg

But I got the best picture ever of Moon and she laid there like a little angel. Hey anyone know where I can get some fishy calm ease or sleeping pill? /jk

Mooninhand.jpg

Nice! They really are big. I would take some hand pictures, but my fish have been scardy-cats and I think I'll wait until they calm down more and get more used to my hand. I just got them to start eating from my fingers again.

Hey thats an idea train goldfish to sit in the hand. Hmmmm that would make it easier. lol Would love to see some of your goldfish in your hand.

Well, so far they know that fingers/hand=food (peas to be specific). I think the next step that I'll take is to put my hand in the tank (properly cleaned, of course. Probably before I do a water change) and reward them with food when they swim near too/in it.

Anyone have advice on hand training goldfish?

Star well already nibble my hands and I don't even hand feed them. lol I feed duckweed instead of peas but I usally have it on me up to my elbows so she well come up and eat it off me when I clean it off into their tank. Guess that is a start.

You definitely have some big beauties there!

Well, so far they know that fingers/hand=food (peas to be specific). I think the next step that I'll take is to put my hand in the tank (properly cleaned, of course. Probably before I do a water change) and reward them with food when they swim near too/in it.

Anyone have advice on hand training goldfish?

I read in a post recently that someone had food on the palm of their hand (I think it was accidental or something... don't remember) and the goldfish would swim in the hand to eat the food. They weren't doing it to train the fish to get comfortable with going in the hand, but I thought that might be a good way of doing just that.