Filter For Betta Help Asap Please

maddy1997

I need help on this but I had put a 20 gallon filter into my 2.65 marina tank. I had taken it out because I think my goldfish need it more that my betta is this okay? is it okay that my betta has no filter? and no airpump?

Your betta should be just fine without an air pump or filter, just as long as you do water changes every several days. But a warning about mini filters-some are still EXTREMELY powerful. My mini filter is supposed to be used (lable on box says) for 1-3 gallons, but even with three gallons, the outtake stream was too powerful. I looked that box, that the gallonsper hour was 58-- and that's kinda high for even 5 gallon tanks. Bettas usually perfer gentle currents, so a filter that strong really batters them around.... However, you can alter the strong flow back attaching a sponge or something over the filter outake or something. I've also here of people attaching a small acrylic cup just large enough to house the filter (in tank filter, of course) underneath the filter to buffer the current. Hopefully you can find a good model, I haven't had much luck.

I hope you find something good for your betta :)

HPIM4430.jpg

Here's the 5 gal I have a female betta in. It came with a Whisper filter that puts out a fairly calm amount of water. It doesn't bother my betta anyway, she swims in it all the time but prefers to sleep behind the filter at night. I got this tank at smart pet.