Heater Horror.......

ok this is bout 3-4 month ago.i was cleaning my tank.i make my tank empty..n i started to cleaning it.but all on a curtain i felt bit :unsure: warm in my left hand.when i looked there i saw i forgot to turn the heater off :yikes:yikes n i was too warm.quickly i turned it of but i wasnt quick enough coz heater busted.i was so :scared:scared i just hold it with my one hand and turn da main switch off wit my another hand.atlast no harm was done.even i didnt got shock.may b i was lucky.so all u people be carefull about ur heater always turn it off before cleanibg or changing the water in the tank coz without turning it off cleaning tan is a :badidea .hope people new with aquarium can get some help from this.

regard

nahid

thank guys.i thought i would help ppl.

yah i hav those heater once.that time my dad use maintain my tank but now i do ot my own.and mostly those r`nt that much easy to find here.

thanks again guys

• 1 month later...

I always unplug everything when I clean my tanks. Each tank has its own surge protector and I unplug it to kill the power to everything. I don't want to get shocked or lose any equipment. :)

As Kathy said, it is something that is very easy to forget.

I have one of those "stealth" heaters in my tropical tank for the very same reason. I had gotten tired of having to unplug my glass heater every time I needed to do a water change, plus the thermostat had gone out, leaving the heater always on. So when I went shopping for a replacement, I picked up one of the stealth heaters after being it being recommended by other members here on Koko's