Jerald The Lionhead Is Out Of Qt

cometgirl

Well, our little lionhead, Jerald, is out of quarantine after 4 week with no signs of problems other than a couple of missing scales. He was originally named Itsie by my daughter, but I made her rename him as I couldn't stand calling him It anymore. :D We've put him into our 29 gallon with Teresa, our oranda. They seem to be getting along great so far. Here are some pictures.

Jerald sees Teresa for the first time:

JmeetsT1.jpg

Jerald chases Teresa:

JmeetsT2.jpg

Teresa tries to get friendly with the filter intake instead of Jerald:

JmeetsT3.jpg

Awwww...I remember Itsie...he was sooo little..Wow...he sure is a big boy now...they look gr88 together...and chasing Teresa already??..naughty boy... :D ...I bet Elena is enjoying both of them... :) .. :heart

Thanks for all the comments. :)

Little Peanut and I are definitely enjoying them. It's really fun to watch them interact. The chasing definitely seems like breeding behavior, rather than aggression. Teresa is only 1.5 inches from nose to base of tail, so I hope she's still too young to produce eggs. Jerald is only another quarter of an inch bigger, but has a much more stocky build. Otherwise, I may be in big trouble...

Well, my youngest daughter came up this morning to say she had been watching the fish. "They're playing tag, Mommy, and Teresa is It." :D

Looks like Teresa is over her shyness. I just fed them, and they each took a share with no problems.