Will I Poison My Goldfish

shubunkin lover

Hey, everyone. Long time since I've been here. Needed some advice. I enjoy making up homemade gel food for my goldfish. Alot of times I'll throw ingredients in the batch that I've heard other goldfish lovers putting in. Recently, I blanched a bunch of veggies in preperation of making a batch once a particular item I ordered comes in to the health food store. I got so caught up in the blanching of all these foods that I forgot to check to see if I should remove the seeds from the zuchinni I used and now it sits in the freezer. Cough factor not withstanding. Would the seeds poison my goldfish if they eat them?

Edited by shubunkin lover

the seeds will not poison them..but I would worry of those getting stuck while eating...I dont think they will be easy to chew on...is there any way you could probably take them out when feeding a cube...maybe just scoop them out???

• 1 month later...
the seeds will not poison them..but I would worry of those getting stuck while eating...I dont think they will be easy to chew on...is there any way you could probably take them out when feeding a cube...maybe just scoop them out???

Sorry, for taking so long to respond back. I belong to waaaaay to many forums and sometimes I forget where it is I all posted. :rolleyes::D I haven't gotten around yet to making the gel food with the zucchini.....it's still frozen in the freezer......but I'm hoping that the blender can grind up the seeds to edible size. Else I'll have to start over and take out the seeds next time. Don't want any choking hazzards.