Can You Guess?

Tinkokeshi

Update of the TinkoTanks... some of these pictures are from back in september... it's been a LONG time if ever... since i've updated with pictures of my fish. i've got lots of pictures... i just rarely if ever upload and post them. :hide:

so first to begin with some before/after photos...

before the addition of two bristlenose in the 72 gal.

20080906-074022.jpg

From L to R: Tantalus (redcap oranda), Sherbert (fantail), Jacques Cousteau (clown loach), Beancurd (ryukin), Turtle (ryukin), Half & Half (ryukin, top corner), Not Pictured: 2 hillstream loaches, and a smaller unnamed clown loach.

after the introduction of the two bristlenose...

20080923-073202.jpg

From top to bottom, left to right: Beancurd, Turtle, SHerbert, Half & Half, Tantalus, Jacques Cousteau, and small clown loach (by the fake log)

so one of the bulbs on my coralife has gone out... and i keep thinking well if i just replace one... the newer one will be brighter... so i'll just wait till the other one goes out too. so i've got a daytime/nighttime thing goin on in my tank. (is this in any way bad for the fish?)

before addition of two bristlenose plecos in the 55 gal goldie tank.

20080923-073007.jpg

From L to R: Quasimodo, unnamed shubie, Opal, and Sakura.

after adding two bristlenose.

20080929-094816.jpg

From L to R: Opal, GanLan, and TaoZi

Up Close and Personal

so i couldn't get good closeups of beancurd and sakura cuz most of the time they turn out to be fuzzy white blobs... however, here's the rest of the gang. along with a surprise newB!

20080929-094732.jpg

From L to R: Half & Half (now you can see how she got her name), Turtle, Beancurd, Tantalus (up top), and Sherbert (on bottom). Jacques is in the "log", and a hillstream loach is on the tank back wall.

Turtle

20081015-075845.jpg

20080927-225134.jpg

Half & Half

20081015-075853.jpg

20080927-225221.jpg

Sherbert

20080927-225006.jpg

From the other tank...

20081015-080124.jpg

From L to R: Sakura, no namer shubie, and Quasimodo (aka Quasi) sideways...

20081015-080148.jpg

From L to R: GanLan (olive in chinese), shubie, TaoZi (peach in chinese), Opal, and Sakura w/ broccoli.

Opal

20080923-072243.jpg

20080923-072800.jpg

TaoZi and GanLan

20080923-072200.jpg

Quasimodo

20081015-080155.jpg

And the newest member of the family...

BEANY!!! :clapping:

20081019-002029.jpg

i'm really NOT a grouch...

20081019-040957.jpg

side view

20081020-061128.jpg

So I've got some rearranging to do and a 125 to set up. That'll take a bit-o-time... I think Sakura will be moving in with the big girls soon. And i will have to stop buying electronic gadgets and work on getting the 125 up. :) No more fish now for me till then.

Also, does anyone know if this is a bristlenose? It was sold as a bristlenose, and I was told they were too young to have bristles at this size. It has been eating TONS of algae, but it's about the same size as the other ones from the larger tank, and those guys have bristles galore! I am hoping this is not some other kind of pleco. :( Can anyone help?

20080929-092124.jpg

hehe yep.. that's all folks! :heart:heart:heart

WOW!

You're like an old crazy cat lady. Except you're young and cute, just a little silly, and have fish.

I was scrolling down, admiring all your fish. Then Beany came into view. I cracked up, laughed out loud. What a silly looking little goober - I love him. :heart

No. I cant imagine what inspires your goldie names Hsi Hou :hmm ....................... :D

Beany-the- fish pic is hilarious btw and your ryukin is jaw-breaking fish- warbling gorgeous!

WOW!

You're like an old crazy cat lady. Except you're young and cute, just a little silly, and have fish.

I was scrolling down, admiring all your fish. Then Beany came into view. I cracked up, laughed out loud. What a silly looking little goober - I love him. :heart

yep. :) i'm crazy fish lady!

that's why my buddies and sisters use to call you fish man.

cuz only a fish man can love a crazy fish lady. ;)

i love beany too! hehe.. he always looks so grumpy in the pictures.

i need to teach him to smile. :D

The pleco looks like bristlenose. Don't worry about the absence of bristles. Some just got them late, or what you have there is a female :)

*whew* i knew the coloring looked the same, but i started getting concerned that i had two "other" types of pleco. :(

one prehistoric, monster is enough! i don't need 3!!!

No. I cant imagine what inspires your goldie names Hsi Hou :hmm ....................... :D

Beany-the- fish pic is hilarious btw and your ryukin is jaw-breaking fish- warbling gorgeous!

hahaha... :D Imo, you're GENIUS!!!

thanks for the compliments. i'll pass them on to the babies. :)

Fantastic pics, I love the look of your tanks. And I agree with all, Beany is too cute and funny!!!

Hehe. thanks chrissy!

:D beany's name was close to becoming Oscar the Grouch.

i'm glad i stuck with beany.

They are so beautiful...does Turtle actually have green on him? It looks like it in the shot.

All the fish in the 72 are actually girls except for Tantalus.

but he has no interest in fertilizing anything... so he's an honorary girl.

Turtle's coloring is very odd... i was told a while back on a thread in koko's that the color is something called "gunmetal"

i call it, greenish, brownish, goldish, silverish! cuz depending on what kinda lighting is in the room, and what angle. she can be any of the above mentioned colors. she was sold on ebay as a RARE green ryukin. :)

thanks bunches for all your compliments, y'all! :heart

Aww they all look so cute, and I love their colours. Beany looks so funny, I love his cute 'chubby' face!

I thought it was female bristlenoses that didnt have the bristles, but wasnt sure. Youll have to wait and see what happens!

Great pics, and the fish look fantasticlly healthy and big!

Beany is awesome I love the open mouth pic :heart

my guess is Beancurd and Turtle originate from Daniels nick on Koko's :D the rest I have no idea :hmm

Fantastic pics

they look great.

are the clowns good with goldfish?

thanks a bunch! the the clowns do excellent actually. I had put the big one in there Cousteau to get rid of pest snails when my 2 biggest goldies Tantalus and Sherbert were in the 29 gal tank. After I upgraded, I moved them out and Cousteau didn't adjust well to having his tankmates taken away. I think he's got a bit of an identity crisis. :P he doesn't know he's a clown loach. he'll actually go up with the goldies when food is in the tank and duke it out with the big'uns. well not really, but he's a zippy fellow and he'll get his fair share during feeding time. :)

Beautiful...All the babies look absolutely stunning...aww and Beany is such a grouch...very cute...I love them all.. :)

thanks so much! :D beany is a poser. he's such a sweetie pie, but he's just got a naturally intimidating and grouchy face. :lol

Aww they all look so cute, and I love their colours. Beany looks so funny, I love his cute 'chubby' face!

I thought it was female bristlenoses that didnt have the bristles, but wasnt sure. Youll have to wait and see what happens!

Great pics, and the fish look fantasticlly healthy and big!

thanks a bunch claire! :)

i always thought female BN got small bristles and the males had the huge ones that look like trees. :hmm

i guess we'll see. Riz say's it's a BN, so i'm a bit less worried. the coloring's the same, but no bristles... so i started to worry... worry wart that i am. :P

Beany is awesome I love the open mouth pic :heart

my guess is Beancurd and Turtle originate from Daniels nick on Koko's :D the rest I have no idea :hmm

EUREKA! :) Beancurd, Turtle, and Beany are all inspired by daniel. :)

both Beancurd and Turtle didn't have names for the longest while...

and then one day while chatting with daniel, i thought HEY! they're just the right colors!!! ;)

what a coinkydink!!!

You have some pretty fish! I see fins, fins every where.
Wow,what a gorgeous group you have! Beany is adorable.

thanks a million y'all! :D

yes.... fins galore!

everyone that comes over says i have my own personal aquarium.

(not yet!) i haven't set up my 125 yet! :tomuch:

I didn't know you had a Quasi also :D

How did you came up with that name? Does that goldie have a special tail also?

I almost forgot to mention: fantastic pictures :goodjob

Edited by Quasi

Whatttt??..you took a picture of Me??.. :o

20081019-002029.jpg

And you still wouldn't stop..Now would u??? Oh..U cannot take my pics just out of nowhere!!!

20081019-040957.jpg

Alrite now picture my butt...I will not allow you to take any more pics of my cute, priceless face... :P

20081020-061128.jpg

thanks so much! :D beany is a poser. he's such a sweetie pie, but he's just got a naturally intimidating and grouchy face. :lol

He is the cutest lil guy...I went back and took a look at his pics again.... :heart ..Hope u like what he's thinking... :rofl

I didn't know you had a Quasi also :D

How did you came up with that name? Does that goldie have a special tail also?

I almost forgot to mention: fantastic pictures :goodjob

Hehe quasi's full name is quasimodo. when i found out she was a ryukin, i named her for her hump back... then lo and behold half and half comes along and makes quasi's hump look like a little bump. :rolleyes:

Whatttt??..you took a picture of Me??.. :o

20081019-002029.jpg

And you still wouldn't stop..Now would u??? Oh..U cannot take my pics just out of nowhere!!!

20081019-040957.jpg

Alrite now picture my butt...I will not allow you to take any more pics of my cute, priceless face... :P

20081020-061128.jpg

He is the cutest lil guy...I went back and took a look at his pics again.... :heart ..Hope u like what he's thinking... :rofl

hahaha... i actually do have a lot of pictures of beany's behind. hahaha. :D i didn't post any though.

Your tanks are very nice! Your pictures are ALL very nice, but I especially love the closeups of Turtle, Half and Half and Sherbert! Well-taken pics! And, omg!, the fins on Sherbert are to die for! How beautiful they are!