Overstocked, Need Homes For Ryukins In Florida

sharends1

So, I got a little overzealous during Ken's last auction. Prices seemed low so I thought I would bid on a few fish (5) and end up with 2 or 3. Well, I got all five! To make a really long story short, I simply do not have the room for all these fish. They are beautiful, but I cannot do right by them. So I was thinking...are there any Kokos members in Florida who would be interested in any of these fish? I live in Ocala - central Florida - and am willing to meet someone half-way or whatever it takes in order to do right by these guys. I paid over $55.00 for each one plus the shipping, but would like to just get $30.00. I'm keeping two for sure, a red/white oranda (they are my true love!), and one of the ryukins, but there are two other ryukins, a black/white, and a black/white/red that I would be willing to part with. There is also a blue butterfly moor. This has been a really difficult decision for me, and I have gone back and forth (get more tanks, change more water, etc.), but in the end, the smart and right thing to do is to try and rehome them! It could actually be a really great thing for someone who has always wanted one of Ken's fish but can't afford to pay for shipping, cuz guess what? Yep, I did that. If you are truly interested, and live within reasonable driving distance, please call (352)843-2598. Right now I'm feeling a combination of guilt and embarrassment, but I told myself to "suck it up and figure it out!", so that's what I'm trying to do!

Thanks,

Sharon

Ok, sorry, but the pics thing is something my daughter would have to figure out! However... if you go to the photo gallery at Ken or Rick's, the two ryukins are picture #'s 1343 & 1345. Yea, I know, page after page.... The black and white, which looks more grey to me, is beautiful, and also the biggest at 4.5".

My guess is no more than 1 1/2 hours. I bought a tank from a guy in Oveido a couple months ago and I think that's about how long it took me. Actually, I have no problem at all bringing the fish to you, I would just have to figure out the safest way to do it.

sharon

My guess is no more than 1 1/2 hours. I bought a tank from a guy in Oveido a couple months ago and I think that's about how long it took me. Actually, I have no problem at all bringing the fish to you, I would just have to figure out the safest way to do it.

sharon

Buckets are the most convenient way to transport fish (a gallon or two of water in a 5-gallon bucket is great), but you can probably buy bags from the LFS (I've done it before) so you can bag up the fish just like they do it at the store, and not worry about spilling in the car.

Edited by A Penguin

Man, if only I lived closer to florida! Or if only you lived closer to Edmonton. because at my parents shop there is a very well filtered and well cared for 33 gallon with two small-ish fantails. Another fish could be safely added. Oh well, best of luck! I hope you find good homes for all your fish.

thanks! I'm actually beginning to get attached to them, and mentally figuring out how to switch my tanks all around so this will work. I have had my tanks understocked for a while and its been just so nice to not have that stress of "gotta check this-gotta change water-gotta gotta gotta.... We recently purchased a house and I assured (not promised!) my husband that my oldest tank, a 55, would not be going with us as it kind of junky looking. However, perhaps I have to look at trying to work the new stand/canopy angle! I would still love to find a home for at least one of them as that would make life MUCH easier.

Sharon

I will gladly take the black/white guy but I don't really want to drive to Ocala. I also don't live in Orlando, I live about 30 miles east on the coast. I'm a UCF student though so I do spend time in the UCF area. If you want to arrange a meeting I'd be glad to give him a home.