A Photographic Request

nanobot

Hey. Do any of you guys have aquariums with white substrate/gravel (ideally goldfish tanks)? If so i'd greatly appreciate some pics. :D I'm thinking of using a thin layer of white gravel in a non-planted setup but i'd like to see a few others first to get an idea of what it could look like.

Thanks. :)

I just put white gravel/sand in my trop tank, here's a link http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...c=73401&hl=

I had white stones and river rocks in a goldie tank before, it looked good for a while but then got really green with algae :unsure:

I used to have white gravel in my goldfish tank, but just like Hidr said it doesn't stay white very long. I may still have some pictures on my computer at home, I will have to check when I get a chance. It looked very nice for a short time, then when the brown algae took over my tank it didn't look so hot. After fighting with the white gravel in the big tank and having a difficult time doing my vacuuming and water changes I went semi-bare bottom and I think it is a much more classy look.

I was waiting to post this, but due to the old TOTM rules where we could not say whos tank was whos, I had to wait until the contest was over. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...mp;#entry815321

I have had white gravel in that tank for over a year. Its still white. If you buy a good quality gravel, and if you do not currently experience algae issues, it will stay white. Now, with that said, this tank lives in my bedroom that gets very little natural light, only the tank lights for about 6 hoursish so algae has never been a problem for me with that tank. Use your best judgement before you buy or as Chrissy Bee said, it will inevitably turn green.

Thanks folks.

The reason I asked was because the PH of my water is extremely low, and as I used to keep a marine aquarium I still have my crushed coral substrate. I'm thinking of putting it into my new setup to raise the PH. I think I'll give it a bash.