Help Please

Guest karebearxoxo

Guest karebearxoxo

my black moore just recently started getting white blotches on her skin, and one of her eyes is getting cloudy. what is wrong?!? im looking at lists of diseases but im not seeing this. i have her quarantined right now, but i need advice!

Guest karebearxoxo

so i was just looking online, and it appears that it is some sort of fungus, caused from when she was beaten up and had some battle wounds. they all healed well, her fin was originally torn in half and it had completely healed itself, but now she is getting cloudy white spots on her tail and on her eye. i am going to my local fish store first thing in the morning and getting some medicine, but any advice would still be very helpful, unfortunately the only thing i have to quarantine her in right now is a small bowl, which is not good, but i will do a water change as soon as i wake up, and if possible purchase a larger tank in the morning. anything else i can do?

Hi there. You're right, a bowl is not good, you'd be better to leave her in your tank and treat both your fish.

Speaking of your tank....could you tell us about your set up? (look in the diagnosis section for the questions you should answer, especially tank size, filtration, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates). Cloudy eyes may not be from fungus, something else might be going on.

My fish both came down with cloudy eyes and white slime all over them last year, i think this was caused by a ph crash in my tank. i treated them with melafix for 7 days and it cleared right up. Have you got a test kit to take water readings ?