Api Safe And Easy Wipes

seheap

I just picked up a package of API Safe & Easy Wipes (they were on clearance at pet--smart for $0.70!!) It says on the back of the package that they "can be used inside of filled aquariums." But the package also doesn't say exactly what is in them, it could be just water but they supposedly leave a "protective barrier so aquariums get dirty less often." So I don't think it's just water.

I haven't used them inside of my tank yet, but there is a smudge (not algae) on the inside of the tank and I was wondering what you guys thought. It is API brand, but I dunno.......

THANKS!!

RG

i got a bottle of those a while back. i never used it on the inside of my tank though... only the outside.

i use an algae scraper or a little sponge scrubber thing on the inside.

it's also too dry here, because i only used like 2 wipes out of the bottle and already they've dried up. :P

so i wet them with water before i wipe down the outside of my tank. :rolleyes:

I have used them inside my tank. They didn't keep the tank sides cleaner longer (in my opinion). They are nice for quick cleaning but worked better on the outside of the tank. I don't buy them anymore and just use my algae scraper/hand to wipe the sides down.

Ok, i'm glad that you've used them inside your tank and nothing bad has happened. I think I will try it.

Thanks again!

RG