Mystery Red Spots

Last night when I was getting ready to feed my fish I noticed quite a few red spots on Nemo on his belly. They're very little and I'm afraid it may be parasites again, but my other fish are showing no signs. Nemo isn't acting any differently, just being shy as usual. I'm still really worried though.. I was about to go out and get a pearlie this weekend and I can't put a new fish in danger either! :(

I'm at work right now.. so I can't post accurate answers to these questions above just yet. I just did a partial water change on Sunday, he's in the 37 gallon with my two shubunkins and another ryukin until the 55 gallon is cycled and the shubunkins can make that their new home. Stress Coat+ was added as well as aquarium salt after this last water change of about 40%. The water was reading 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 nitrate and 7.8 pH before the water change this past Sunday. Temperature is generally around 70-72. Topfin 60 filter. Fish eat twice a day anything from crisps, flakes and peas - I alternate between the three.

Thank you for all of your help in advance! :)

Hmm...not sure why you're seeing the red spots. I'm sure someone will be along to help out. Questions though: how thoroughly have you been changing water routinely? Are you cleaning in the gravel? How much salt are you at (how many tsp per gallon)?

Also, not a good idea for you to get a new fish and add directly to your community tank. Really think about setting up a 10 gallon quarantine tank (or rubbermaid). Treat a newcomer alone in QT for a month and look for signs and symptoms. Some recommend a watch-and-see approach in QT, and some recommend doing a treatment with Prazi, salt, etc.

Hang in there...

I've been cleaning with the gravel cleaner, I try to be as thorough as I can be with it. I do a water change once a week at least 30%. I'm going to try to take a picture but he's stubborn as can be, and these spots are on his under side. Poor baby.

Yeahh I've figured it's not the best to get a new baby just yet. I'll have to wait it out. Patience..

Nemo A Few Days Ago

Comparing the two (one from an earlier post) does he look like he's pineconed? I thought he just got big.. but I wasn't sure. But this is the span of about two weeks and look at the difference... is there anything I can do at this point?

Hi. Looking at the recent pic, it does look like Nemo is pineconed. Can you look at him from above and see if his scales are sticking out? Im sorry he is sick, hope you can get him better.

I'm at work right now but yes, when I do look from above, they do seem to be sticking out. :(

I don't know where to begin if this is dropsy?! Guess I'm going to do some searching on here..

Thank you for your input Claire!

Is he still eating? Poor baby, he does look a little pineconed. You should probably add epsom (1/8th of ateaspoon to 10 gallons-it doesnt take much) to a QT and see how he is there.

Dropsy just means the fishes insides are bloated so much the scales get pushed out- it is just a symptom of a package. You have to find out which disease package that is since its common in many quite different diseases. If he has tiny red spots and you are sure you have had no ammonia in the water which also does this, and there have been no new fish and you have treated for flukes and parasites, plus he is behaving unusually- then he may have an internal bacterial problem.