My beloved Sosh passed on last night. :cry1:cry1 He was my alltime favorite fish. He had a ton of personality and was the sweetest fish I have ever seen. He was about 6 years old and had not been well for a couple of months. I had actually been hand feeding him for the last few weeks. Despite not being able to eat on his own, he always had a healthy appetite and enjoyed being hand fed until the very end. After a meal, he always loved to sit on top of the bubble wand.

My dear Trinket has been helping me and thanks to her expertise, Sosh had a good quality of life until the very end. :)

Rest in peace Soshy. :rip: I will miss you.

Picture006.jpg

2005_0803Image0026.jpg

2005_0825Image0048.jpg

2005_08282005_1106032.jpg

2005_08282007_0101016.jpg

022008_09001.jpg

001-2.jpg

:cry1 There's really no words. I know how much Sosh meant to you. You gave him 5 years devoted care and he had the very best life with you. There isnt any more you could have done- you did everything and then went the extra mile.

May he rest now in peace and comfort :hug:hug :hug :hug .

:cry1 There's really no words. I know how much Sosh meant to you. You gave him 5 years devoted care and he had the very best life with you. There isnt any more you could have done- you did everything and then went the extra mile. May he rest now in peace and comfort :hug:hug :hug :hug .

Thank you sooo much sweetie! Thank you for all your help in making Sosh's final days as comfortable for his as possible. He never would have made it so long without your caring advice. :)

Edited by Jack of Hearts

:rip: Sosh, you will be missed.

Sorry to hear of your loss JoH, I hope that your heart heals quickly. You did all you could for him, and that is the best gift that you could have given him.

Awwww I am sooo sorry about Sosh..I remember you telling me about him a while back, and I know how important he was to you..

I also remember you telling me how Sosh And Jack were really close... so try to picture them together and happy again, in a great place.

I hope you feel better soon. So sorry for your loss :cry1

I am sooo sorry for your loss Fumi...I remember the thread where you showed the before and now pics of Sosh in his 50 gallon....I also remember how you said, "I hope he keeps growing like this and I have to upgrade again"...He had a wonderful growth and life with you...we all know Sosh was your favourite...I am sorry for losing Sosh... :cry1 ..he ll be missed..

:rip: Sosh... :heart

:rip: Sosh, you will be missed.

Sorry to hear of your loss JoH, I hope that your heart heals quickly. You did all you could for him, and that is the best gift that you could have given him.

Thank you so much for the kind words Michelle. :)

Awwww I am sooo sorry about Sosh..I remember you telling me about him a while back, and I know how important he was to you..

I also remember you telling me how Sosh And Jack were really close... so try to picture them together and happy again, in a great place.

I hope you feel better soon. So sorry for your loss :cry1

Thank you so much for remembering that; that is very sweet of you Sue. :)

I am sooo sorry for your loss Fumi...I remember the thread where you showed the before and now pics of Sosh in his 50 gallon....I also remember how you said, "I hope he keeps growing like this and I have to upgrade again"...He had a wonderful growth and life with you...we all know Sosh was your favourite...I am sorry for losing Sosh... :cry1 ..he ll be missed..

:rip: Sosh... :heart

You guys have such great memory! :D I am very flattered that you remember those pics. Thank you so much SunshineGurl. :)

Sosh had a great life with u

sorry it had to end this way

:rip:

Thanks Alex! :) Yeah me too.... :(

Sorry to hear about your poor little fish. It's great that you had so many good photos of him to remember him by.

Goodbye poor little Sosh :cry1 You will be missed.

Thanks Chickey! :) Yeah it's nice to have pics to remember him by. He changed a lot over the years. Towards the end, he even grew bubble-eye sacs as you can see in the last pic. :D

I'm reallly sorry. :( You made him comfortable though and that's all that matters. He lived a lot better than most goldfish do and you took good care of him. Just know that and you'll make it ;)

People don't realize that fish are not any less companion pets than cats or dogs. And when they leave us, it's just as sad.

I'm reallly sorry. :( You made him comfortable though and that's all that matters. He lived a lot better than most goldfish do and you took good care of him. Just know that and you'll make it ;)

People don't realize that fish are not any less companion pets than cats or dogs. And when they leave us, it's just as sad.

Thank you very much Bubbleboy! That was a really nice thing for you to say. :)

You're right. Our wet pets are just as much of a companion to us as their furry counterparts. :exactly

He really was simply amazing...the size of fish we all hope ours will grow up to be.

Thank you Amy. :) His nickname was actually Cheebee(shorty or little one in Japanese). He got that nickname when I first got him as he was so tiny and frail looking. :D By the end, his head alone was like 3" wide. :lol1

Aww Sosh was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. :( I read that you had him for five years? That's amazing. Sounds like he had a wonderful life with you and was soo loved.

Thank you for your comments on Nemo's passing, too. We all seem to understand each other a lot better here, it's a bit comforting :grouphug (compared to the people I'm surrounded by that think I'm crazy crying over a fish)

Aww Sosh was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. :( I read that you had him for five years? That's amazing. Sounds like he had a wonderful life with you and was soo loved.

Thank you for your comments on Nemo's passing, too. We all seem to understand each other a lot better here, it's a bit comforting :grouphug (compared to the people I'm surrounded by that think I'm crazy crying over a fish)

Thank you so much Ang! :)

Yes you're right. Our wet pets have just as much personality and we love them just as much as their furry counterparts. I know you are heartbroken about your beloved Nemo. I hope you feel better soon. :hug