Dolls

Guest Halloween

Guest Halloween

Shirley3.jpg

Someone said she looked just a little like Shirley Manson, and the name stuck. (This one was taken at 7:30am)

Shirley2.jpg

I've stopped using the flash and started using my REAL camera to take pictures. Real cameras really are more classy than digital cameras. (This one was taken at 4:00pm)

Shirley5.jpg

Looks like morning but this one was taken at 4:00pm too.

Shirley.jpg

I think this one, the one below AND the very first picture are my favorites lol!

Oliver.jpg

Oliver and Maxwell, never far off.

It's about all I'm good for these days, taking pictures of dolls.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful pics! I love the effect you get from 35mm cameras, even tho digital are so much more convenient. Plus, you get the surprise of seeing that beautiful shot in hard copy for the very first time instead of on a display screen and then on the computer before tweaking and polishing. Then again, if the shot doesn't turn out well, it's a huge disappointment. Still, for posed photography I prefer the 35mm.

What I can't get over is the way the light plays in their little eyes. It's stunning!

Guest Halloween

Shirley12.jpg

Group1-1.jpg

Oliver and Knox (third and forth from right) look a little possessed..

All the little dots on the pictures are from the profoundly crap job the photo developers do... They ought to be fired for being so careless. I work in a store with a photo lab and there are gloves that are bought JUST for photo-workers to use (to wipe off the negatives) to make sure there isn't garbage all over it when they make the prints from the film. I have a ton more pics but I get the feeling (from the view counts) that I'm about the only one who gets such a kick of photographing dolls.

Anyway, just showing my family picture really, of all 4 of them.

Guest Halloween
they scare me ... sorry :hide:

That's why dolls are for girls. ;)

That reminds me, someone on the doll forum made a koi doll, and painted scales on it and everything.

Memo07.jpg

I like it except for the sequin clothes. I think it makes the doll look bulky and it takes away from the extremely delicate painting of the scales. because these dolls are only 4 inches tall. Very small parts.

Edited by Halloween

Wow, I love that koi doll!! How creative. But I agree with you about the clothes. Something made with thin, soft, delicate sheer fabric would have been much more effective, I think. I can't think of what the fabric is called that I'm picturing, but it would be shiny and translucent orange. Anyway...

I think the dolls are stunning but I had a friend who was disturbed by them, too! She is really into fantasy and fairies and elves and I thought she would love them but she freaked out when I showed them to her! It probaby didnt help that she also saw a shot of one of their faces being changed out! LOL

Wow...I love all your dolls...absolutely gorgeous...they do look spooky..but very elegant...awesome pics...

Do you paint them yourself?..how do you manage to give them these different looks??..Wow..absolutely WOW...stunning...

Guest Halloween

No no, I don't paint them, I leave that to the company they come from. I tried painting the mouth on one of them (about the size of a pin head) but I failed.. The face plates are just to expensive for me to play around with and try to paint :\

But thank you.

I agree that the koi doll should have something on a little more dainty. Maybe some silks or a fine mesh in a beautiful red-orange color. The person that painted those scales had huge talent! I would love to be able to do something like that, and I love seeing what cute things your dolls are getting into with each photo session. :)

Guest Halloween

pongszb2.jpg

w640.png

No name yet :D But I've been waiting so long to have this one <333 A nice present for Halloween!

I'm not a fan of the short "angry" eye brows (which I just noticed you can't see in this pic). He has one, sharp little tooth but you can't see it (this is a useless picture). His ears are normal (some doll molds had REALLY big pointy ears and could draw blood)

Cruddy picture, had to use stonage digital camera that only holds a 7 minute charge (har!).

He needs hair, badly.

Better picture very soon.

Edited by Halloween

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Halloween

Smile3.jpg

Smile2.jpg

Smile1.jpg

So I bought a wig but it was long hair, in pig tails. It was cute but then I noticed official doll company wigs had been restocked so I bought an official one and hacked this one up to high heaven and made it a boy wig!!! I had to use a lot of mousse in it to make it lay flatter but I think it turned out better than perfect for him.. He's gone and changed his name again anyway, now he goes by Davey.

They all have completely different shaped eyes. How cool. I love the doll in the first pics eyes best.

The way youve cropped his hair haphazardly looks very stylish.

It's weird....I'm creeped out by dolls, but these pictures are gorgeous.

I think that I am thinking of them more like 3D cartoon/anime figures and it works for me.

If I ever saw them in real life though...... :hide:

Halloween, your photographic skills are admirable!

Wow, is all I can say. Keep 'em comin!

Guest Halloween

pukis.jpg

Pukis have a lively meeting on the ledge above my computer. From left to right there is; Oliver (my oldest at 8 months), Davey (who is going through another name change at the moment), Shirley, and Julia (who FINALLY has the RIGHT blond wig).. Not the greatest of pictures as I had to use the stoneage digital camera that holds an epic 7 minute charge.

ren2.jpg

This outfit arrived in the mail today, along with Julia's new hair. That little bell really rings too, and it's just 1.27cm tall...

And thanks for all the comments :D

Edited by Halloween