Can Goldfish Go With Platys, Gouramis, Mollies, Danios?

kristen12

thanks. I thought the water temp might be an issue. I keep my goldfish tank at about 75 degrees and they do fine. I thought the others needed that temp too, but I guess it would be higher. I am VERY new to this and I have a friend that needs to rehome her platys,gouramis,mollies and danios and said they would be compatible, but I was guessing they weren't. Thanks for confirming this - I knew I'd get the right answer here!

I totally agree with Chrissy on her advice.. :) ...she is absolutely right on the temperature and the goldfish getting picked by the others...as mollies and gouramis are aggressive natured.. :(

I have my tank for my goldfish. One for my angels and company and then one for my shrimps. Oh and three for my betta's. lol You can never have to many tanks.

THANK you SO MUCH EVERYONE!!! I knew I would get the best, correct advice. Here's something interesting,...today I went to a BIG aquatics store in Maryland, supossedly one of the top places on the entire east coast to buy fish - the place was AMAZING! SO, I went in to get a battery operated aerator for my 2 large goldfish that I am transfering to a well-maintained koi and goldfish pond at my husband's work. WELL, when I was in the store I asked the store owner if it was okay to mix goldfish with platys, mollies, danios and gouramis and he said MOST DEFINATELY. He said that all of their fish are in a water temp of 78 degrees and they always mix a few goldfish in with the others. He said not mixing is just an opinion. I just had trouble believing him when literally EVERYONE else says not to do it. He even said the pleco was fine in there too. He knew I wasn't going to buy the fish from him, but take them from a friend, and he STILL told me that. I was not very happy. I am glad I asked this forum, TRUE goldfish lovers and keepers.

THANKS! And maybe I'll get a tropical tank too - my husband might just have to get used to multiple tanks! I know my son would love it.

I think that goldie keepers are their own special breed :P

I joined a tropical fish forum a while back and had a fight with a man who's been breeding tropials for years, on a massive scale, who didn't beleive me that plecos would attack goldies. I finally got him to see the light, but I was really suprised by how 'stupid' he thought the idea was.

• 3 years later...