Medicated Food

Chrissy_Bee

I'm not certain ..but i think the metro med contain the ingrediant to treat hole in the head ...and users havefound luck with the metromeds against dropsy ...medigold states that it fights tough bacterial and fungas ..I'm not really certain really if metromeds treat on the whole (negitive gram and positive gram bacterial infections) where the medigold does only one one ..hmmmm I hope someone with med knowledge will chime in soon

I always thought of MediGold as the medicated food to be fed when QTing...its like a general med food that fights the initial baddies or small(less severe) baddies...after a course of MediGold a course of Jumpstart....whereas Metromeds has 3 different medicines that treats severe stuff like dropsy???..No??...good question Chrissy...maybe I am wrong...but would love to know the difference as well.. :)

Briefly (can I be brief on this topic challenge!) The thing is if there is any dropsy or bloating Metromeds are going to usually be the wiser choice because Medigold does contain kanamycin which is very harsh on the kidneys. Basicaly it impedes kidney function. Fish need good kidney function to eliminate excess fluids so Medigold is really not a good choice if your fish has any sbd or bloat issues.

Also, if you are almost sure its aerobic flex Metromeds will be the better choice (with oxytetracycline in).

Medigold on the other hand is an excellent choice for aeromonas/anaerobic infections with no bloat but usually lots of reddening or ulcers.

It's too bad these foods expire, I battled dropsy once and it was fast, seems like metromeds would be a great thing to have on hand for an emergency.

Rick said MG & MM are good for up to 9 month if the jar is never opened. Yes if you can afford to, it is a great thing to have in case of an emergency. :)