My Fish Are Beating Eachother Up!

Guest karebearxoxo

Guest karebearxoxo

i havent posted in a while, but since i posted last alot has happened. about a week or two ago, i woke up and found that my other two fish were attempting to destroy my black moore. so i FREAKED OUT and seperated my moore, but i have taken the assumption that christopher (the moore) is a female, and my other two are males. so since then, i have put a tank divider in, and it has the other 2 on one side (the oranda and fantail males), and christopher (the female moore) and my latest addition sophie, a panda oranda on the other side. so far this has worked quite well. until about 20 minutes ago, jeffrey (my other oranda) started beating up my fantail. so im wondering, what is going on? am i just really ignorant and mixing breeds that im not supposed to?

How big is your tank and how many fish are in there??? If a fish is not given enough space it can be a cause for behavior like this. Or if one fish is especially bigger..If you can give us a clearer picture of your set up that may help out a lot : )

Guest karebearxoxo

well they are in a 30 gallon tank, and they are all the same size so i dont know what is going on. as soon as i get the money i am upgrading to a 50 gallon but for right now this is all i have, but they have been fine with it for the past like 6 months so im wondering if one of them is diseased.

Guest karebearxoxo

well the one continuously follows the other, and whenever he tries swimming away, the other one kind of snaps at him. its hard to describe, but you can tell that he certainly doesnt like it. also, someone mentioned to me that certain foods can do this. today i bought some tubifex worms, freezedried, and gave them to them as a treat, and someone said that this can make them aggresive. could this have anything to do with it?

First, you indicated that it seemed to be both of them, but then, if I'm reading it right, it only seems to be Jeffrey. Try this then. Isolate Jeffrey on one side of the glass and put the others together and see what that does.

First, you indicated that it seemed to be both of them, but then, if I'm reading it right, it only seems to be Jeffrey. Try this then. Isolate Jeffrey on one side of the glass and put the others together and see what that does.
:bingo::exactly ...totally worth a shot..sweet idea Lynda... :D Edited by SunshineGurl