Might Be Getting Another 55 Gallon Off Ebay.

Just got an e-mail from the seller on a tank I got outbid on a couple of weeks ago. I bid on the one I got after I lost this one. Seems they still haven't paid for it and if they don't by Wednesday, I can have it for my last bid ($100.00) if I still want it. So I told her that I was interested, lol. Figure I can always store it in the basement till I figure out what to do with it.

This is the outfit.

319a_1.JPG

Here is a nice 55 gallon fish tank with tank stand.

The light comes with this tank.The lights are new

Thier is a new heater that comes with the tank.

The bio wheel filter comes with the tank.

The filter may need a TLC makes a funny sound

I have cleaned it and replaced parts.

The tank and stand are both oak finish lighting is all black.

Gravel and other decorations come with tank.

Cool! Did you say you have a basement? It's not full of tanks of goldfish!!!????!!! Well you have some restraint. That looks like a good deal. Most people here want 300.00 for a 55 gallon setup.

Definitely a great deal! Could they not have taken the time to drain the tank all the way and post a better picture though?! Or taken the picture BEFORE the water was drained at all? My heavens! Don't they understand the basics of staging and marketing?!

Edited by Lynda Von G

I finally heard from the guy on Friday. I figured the winning bidder finally paid but he decided it was too far to travel after winning it. So, long story short I picked it up today after doing kennels at the Rescue. It's just sitting in the kitchen at the moment. By the time I got home and got it and the stand into the house my back & neck said quit or else. I did clean it up but that's as far as I got so far. The stand is nice but could use refinishing. It's wood and very solid. The light works good. It is too cold to leave it on the porch to test for leaks so hopefully the tank holds water. Will find out tomorrow. It came with an Emperor 400 filter but he said it was making some noise. Sounds like the impeller might need replaced. Again will find out once I get water in the tank and plug it in to see just what it is doing. If it is the impeller that's an easy replace. Also got a brand new heater which I will put away. Could come in handy someday. I threw the gravel away. And the decoration in the pic did not go with it. Think they would have taken it out before listing it. Doesn't matter as I would not have used it anyway. The spaces on the pillars were just wide enough for a Goldie to get good and wedged in there. Will get pics of it tomorrow. All in all I think I did ok for what I paid.

Well finally got around to starting with the 55. Have it soaking in PP now and it is holding water. The filter is a Penguin 330 not an Emperor 400. Two brand new bio wheels came with it. Must have been using this set up for salt water as everything is salt encrusted. It was the impeller that went bad. Popped a new one in and it's working like a charm. It's running on the tank so it disinfects as well. I figure I should have it ready for the fish by the time Mocca Joe comes out of quarantine,lol. :rolleyes: