My New Rat : )

CountryLovah

Hi guys! This week (actually the last two weeks) has been really insane. I've been wanting to get pics up and haven;t had the time.. Then last night I finally started to and the stupid comp stopped reading the card.. So I've finally got some pics of my new rat.. I think I found him a name.. We went through a bunch and none stuck. Then someone said they liked Lincoln and I liked it but I said "wait a sec. I think my friend Jenny had a rat named Lincoln". I am like 99% sure.. Then we thought some more and eventually came up with Riley... And for some reason even though I've been calling him that all day my brain just went "didn't Jenny have a rat/pet Riley too?".. So I need to call her tomorrow and be like "what names HAVEN'T you taken?"..

So here is (knock on wood) Riley... awwwwwwww!

Riley1.jpg

Riley2.jpg

He's like a little puppy! He licks fingers and if you rub his head he will drift off to sleep. Last night I had him upstairs and I was listening to music and swaying with him and he fell asleep nuzzled up against me..OMG he is sooo sweet. I really hope Jenny didn't have that name, but for some reason it just feels like she did. Even thought I didn't think about it until now.. Grrrrr..

Hmm just in case.. any name suggestions?

hehehhe...he really sounds cute...Awww...I am sooo glad you found him...and I hope Jenny doesn't have the name...cos Riley suits him...sure lemme think over if I can come up with some name for the lil guy...he is very cute Sue.. :):heart

I agree with everyone, he is so cute!!! The lab we had in our rat last year was really tame and sweet too, I was so suprised, I didn't know rodents could be so affectionate. Lucky you to have such a sweet little boy!!

And no name suggestion from me yet

Edited by Chrissy_Bee

Jenny has a dog called Rylee but your's is a rat so you could still call it by that name, different species and all, lol.

Oh yeah! Then there's THAT Jenny and all her pets LMAO I actually meant my friend from school Jenny.. Well, one Jenny down, one to go : ) Riley works for him soo well... Awwwwwwwwww

AWW!!! :heart:heart :heart I want another rat!!! My next rat, regardless of gender, will be named "Butters" Every rat I've met has been a complete goofball, and Butters off of SouthPark is a cute little doofus. So to me it fits :)

He is so cute! Where did you get him?

LOL I was wondering if you meant me and my Rylee, too, but that's OK.

I do have a rat named Jack. :) Yours is so sweet. I really love blue rats!

Jack is waiting for me to give him a treat... Is yours a beggar too?

What a cute little munchkin!!

:heart:heart:heart

I just want to pick him up and give him kisses!

Names, names... I'd vote for... Rasco, or Jenner, or Brutus.

Something from Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. ;)

My brothers had rats for many years and they were so cute! Yours is a doll too! And, who cares if someone else has a rat by the same name?! If it works for you and the rat, then that's all that matters!