My Ranchus

Hi everybody,

I haven't updated the pics of my ranchus for a long time already. Today I have a chance to take some pics of them and here they are. My 90 gallons tank and having 4 ranchus in there. Enjoy.......

Tank

P1020254.jpg

P1020233.jpg

P1020291.jpg

P1020296.jpg

P1020302.jpg

P1020307.jpg

P1020303.jpg

Here is the video

th_P1020287-1.jpg

Any unusual from these pics?

Well, the new kid looks like he has white spot on his tail, but maybe they're just bubbles.

Thanks Man_Yu. White spot on his tail is just bubbles. Actually the fish was head standing. I had to put my camera in wired position to take that pic.

My ranchu I bought from Ken got head standing issues too when I fed gel food made from one type of pellets. I discontinued feeding that and am feeding frozen foods; mysis shrimp, bloodworms, spirulina, squid, etc., and fresh fruits and veggies and her floating has stopped. I haven't tried another type of gel food with my ranchu yet, but I'm going to to see if it's the gel food or the pellet food. So, it could be the gel food and/or the particular type of pellet food you used and you might want to try more "fresh" type foods like the frozen proteins.

My ranchu I bought from Ken got head standing issues too when I fed gel food made from one type of pellets. I discontinued feeding that and am feeding frozen foods; mysis shrimp, bloodworms, spirulina, squid, etc., and fresh fruits and veggies and her floating has stopped. I haven't tried another type of gel food with my ranchu yet, but I'm going to to see if it's the gel food or the pellet food. So, it could be the gel food and/or the particular type of pellet food you used and you might want to try more "fresh" type foods like the frozen proteins.

seem like this batch is head standing issue. I am trying to give them all sort of stuff, pea, frozen bloodworm, gel food and progold. But :(

They are magnificent Fred :) Even with the headstanding hes a nice fish. Have you tried fasting him? The green water is the best thing for him.

Does Ken treat for intestinal worms btw?

Well intestinal worms can bloat a fish inside and one symptom is constant head standing. Food you feed feeds the worms and the fish wont grow. Jungle does an anti-parasite food that purges them out. Tapeworms are quite common with pond fish, I dont know this fishes history so surmise only.

• 2 weeks later...