Got Another Horror Story

A while back I had gon to WM and they had recently gotten in some orandas. Big ones. They made the mistake of putting a pleco in with them and one oranda had a hole in his belly where the pleco had constantly been sucking at him. I immediately got an associate and told them that the pleco had to be removed because they do not go well with goldfish. The associate had no idea. By the looks of the hole it was probably to late to save the fish but I told them to does the tank (cuz they didn't have an empty tank to put him in alone) with Melafix or something (they don't have much of a selection of medication). Besides, I didn't think it could hurt the others. They didn't look so good, either.

I don't think that little fish made it. I went back a couple days later and it, as well as some of the other ones, were gone.

I'm not bashing WM or anything, but those poor orandas. :(

at mine they call there telescope goldfish

popeye fish... :(

Really? Wow. :blink:

Seriously??..Wow.. :blink: ..Sorry I have the exact same reaction as Whitner..but really???..

BTW Whitner..you did good...Sometimes I really feel helpless too..Cos I wish I had loads of space to accommodate such fishies...or at least help one fish from getting beaten up further...but :( ..no room...

I'm not bashing WM or anything, but those poor orandas. :(

I don't know why they even sell fish there, they have no clue as to what they are doing. :no:

There are actually two of them in the city I work. Neither one of them sell fishes nor I ever shop there. I think I have been in there once in the last 5 years.

Awwwwwwwww.... that's sad!! Thank you for posting the story! Now I know not to EVER put one in my tank! I had no idea. Even if you didn't save that goldfish.. adding this to the board helps others to know not to put one in their goldfish tank!

Yeah they kill so many fishes there, I don't see how it can be a profitable venture for them to sell fish..... :(

I totally agree on this...all of them..almost all have Ick...their tanks are soo small...and telescopes are kept with shubunkins and even koi in the small room...it just kills to see small ones stuck to the filter.. :(