Bendable Bubble Wall Thingees!

Ok I have one of those bendable bubble wall thingees. It's about 5 foot, I think. I just noticed that it has big sections that have NO bubbles coming out. I tried taking it out and scrubbing it with my "fish only" tooth brush. It helped some, but there are still BIG sections with no bubbles! Any ideas on a better way to clean it? Or what do I need to do to get this darn thing functioning again!! Xpert Bubble Wall Advice Needed HERE!

Is the pump strong enough? You need a lot of power running through the pump to get the bubbles flowing evenly in those really long wands. I had the same prob and was recommended a more powerful pump, seems to be more even now. Check the clear pipefrom pump to wall is also not stretched or twisted anywhere..?

It's a TopFin pump......maybe a 30 but I am not sure. It makes bubbles like crazy come out of the far quarter of the bubblewall, but sparingly at the first quarter & barely at all in the other part. Do I need a bigger one?

Thanks, Guys! I did just that! I went on that bubblewall with a vengence....I looked like some crazed psycho stabbin' nut yielding a Needle!!! :yeah: I've got bubbles galore now!!!

Edited by Jeana727

I had the same problem with my bubble wand so I bought a new one for my 75 gal and put the old one in a zig zag/wave pattern on the bottom of my 14 gal then covered it with rocks.. That way I didn't notice the no air spots. I'm going to remember that pin hole idea though!!! GREAT TIP!

I wish I'd known this a while back! I was having problems with a section of mine and in trying to figure out how to fix it, I broke it and had to go buy a new section! Next time I'll know! Yay!

• Admin

I have the harder one its the big Blue bar and when it get clogged up...I take a bristle scrubber to it, that will break off the minerals on it....just a note for the ones that are flexible :)

Yep. I have on occasion had to scrub each kind (flexable & the hard plastic kind) with the "fish only" toothbrush. That USUALLY does the trick. Didn't work this time, but the crazed pin stabbing fit did!!!